New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Blue Screen of Death

Joencalif2

Blue Screen of Death

Post  Joencalif2 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm

I got the dreaded blue screen of death while typing in the body of a text. It suddenly went to blue screen, with an upside down smiley face, saying that windows 10 was going to have to do a reboot. It had some kind of barcode or something off to the side and it was counting down the percent of scan it was doing. I immediately turned the computer off doing a hard reboot. When I came back up there was no blue screen so I ran a deep scan and found nothing. I'm waiting for malware bytes to complete a deep scan as well. If it finds nothing then what? I deleted any recent extensions that I added, but I haven't downloaded any new programs. I don't know what to do from here. The computer is 7 years old but is in good shape or at least I thought it was. Help!!
    manson

So many reasons for BSoD

Post  manson on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:52 am

There are so many things that can cause BSoD that it will probably not be possible to get a definitive answer and, even if you do you will need to be a real tech head to repair it. Below are just some of the causes I found:

1. Poorly written device drivers.
    2. Malfunctionng hardware.
    3. Faulty memory.
    4. Power supply issues.
    5. Overheating of components.
    6. Hardware running beyond it's specification limits.

Maybe if it's an ageing PC and the problem is persistent you should have it diagnosed and, after the diagnosis you can decide if it's worth having it repaired or you need to buy a new one.

I had problems with my old PC and last year fnally had to buy a new one only to find that I get the 'YOUR COMPUTER NEEDS TO RESTART' error message a few time a month.

Sorrry to sound like the Harbinger of doom and, I could not help.

Good luck resolving your problem
    JJRobinson

Re: Blue Screen of Death

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:24 am

Scratching my head...
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 am

Yup, it's an old computer, about 7 years old at least and I got that dreaded YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. My virus check showed nothing so it's internal.
    manson

Found this

Post  manson on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 am

Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Ya, I saw that. I tried it but I don't know if it worked or not. I got rid of a couple or recent extensions and since then it hasn't had the issue again. We'll see how it goes now. Thanks for the info....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:18 am