New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

PC needs to shut down?

manson

PC needs to shut down?

Post  manson on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 am

I have been getting the following error message more frequently of late.

YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. WE'RE JUST COLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO, AND THEN WE'LL RESTART FOR YOU. (65% COMPLETE).

I usualy let it run it's course. Irritating but, not a big problem until now.
    However, the last two time (after restarting and opening (or not) my browser I get another message that is:

YOUR PC WILL AUTOMATICALY RESTART IN ONE MINUTE. WINDOWS RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. YOU SHOULD CLOSE THIS MESSAGE NOW AND SAVE YOUR WORK.

It then goes through the process of a second restart?
    I cannot find out what the errors are that Windows is supposedly trying to fix and, can't figure out how to stop these messages from appearing.

Q. Anyone have info on how to find out what the errors are?
    Q. How can I stop the messages and restart process?

Thanks

Alex...........

PS. I tried to post this message originaly with pics of the error messages but the board told me: Message is too long?
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: PC needs to shut down?

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 am

Since I try to avoid using Windows I can say I'm familiar with the problem (I've seen it before), but have no idea what to do about it (shook my head and thought "WINDOWS!" when I saw it, then walked on).

This is what I was able to find, but don't know if it will help:

Fix 'Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs To Restart' problem in Windows 10, 8 (Troubleshooting Guide)

There were also a couple of youtube videos that I didn't look at. But if your machine keeps restarting that might not work well for you anyway.

As for uploading pictures, that's because of storage limitations. I've paid to increase storage. But sometimes I forget to renew it, there's no way to set it up to run several months in advance, and they don't send notices to remind me when what I paid is about to expire. I'll go renew it now.

What I use is picture hosting (Postimage is my choice, but there are others) and post the links using the picture insertion thing in the bar above. That always works better and doesn't run into this site's limitation and my forgetfulness.
    manson

Post  manson on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:46 am

Thanks SM for the link/info.
    I didn't know you had to pay for storage. would it be an idea if we members contributed towards the cost?
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:47 am

Don't worry about that. It's not much and I don't mind. I just need to set a reminder on my phone or something so I don't keep forgetting.
    manson

Post  manson on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:27 am

Thanks SM. And if you're anthing like me (over 60) you are allowed (amongst other things) to be forgetful. lol!
    Keep up the good work.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 pm