New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Witnesses: Car travels for miles with body hanging in windshield

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:55 pm

A pedestrian hit by a car on a northern Kentucky highway was dragged for almost three miles in the windshield before the motorist pulled into a gas station for help, witnesses said.

Sigmund Sugarman said he was filling up Speedway's pumps on 5th Street just off Interstate 71/75 when the car went right past him in the parking lot.

“I thought it was a prank because there was this body hanging out of the window,” said Sugarman, 74, of Park Hills.

He said the driver got out of the car, shaking, and walked into the gas station.

The driver told the cashier: “’You have to call the police because I just hit this man on (I) 75.,'" he said. "She called the police."

When Covington officers arrived, Sugarman said began to shoot a cell phone video.

He said he heard the driver "explaining that he hit this guy."

The video Sugarman shared with FOX19 NOW shows a man sitting on the store's curb outside talking with two officers as they look over his car. The body is still stuck in the passenger's side of the windshield.

According to the video, the driver told police: "This guy was just walking across the interstate and I swerved to miss him and-" the driver clapped his hands together loudly,indicating his vehicle hit the pedestrian.

The last time I heard of anything like this, a woman (I think I recall it being in Houston, but I may be wrong) hit somebody that went through the window, drove home, parked in the garage and left the guy there hanging through the windshield.
    Joencalif2

Re: Witnesses: Car travels for miles with body hanging in windshield

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Shocked Shocked
    JJRobinson

Re: Witnesses: Car travels for miles with body hanging in windshield

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:33 am

Yeah SM...that happened in Houston a couple years ago. I believe...

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 pm