New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Samsung S7 v Blackview R7 SAVE YOUR MONEY.

manson

Samsung S7 v Blackview R7 SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Post  manson on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 am

My friend bought a new Galaxy S7 smart phone for £539.00 and proudly showed it off to me. I then showed him my recent purchase (from China) that is a Blackview R7 for £130.00. He had to concede that the R7 was at least equal to (and in certain areas better) than his S7. His main reason for buying the S7 was, and I quote 'I DON'T LIKE CHEAP CHINESE CRAP'. He was a little deflated when I informed him that his phone was manufactured in South Korea.

I bit the bullet and (despite all the negative and bad press) decided to buy items from China about two years ago and have saved a fortune. After my recent purchase I also bought a very rugged phone BV600. I'm very happy.

I suppose the moral is, don't judge a book by its cover and shop around.

You can save a lot of money.
    Ladyelaine

Re: Samsung S7 v Blackview R7 SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 am

The BV 6000 phone seems an extra good value for an outdoor enthusiast since it claims to be waterproof with an extra long battery life to boot.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 am

I've bought all sorts of stuff through wish.com. It takes a little longer than any other way. But the stuff has generally been good. And the prices are fantastic.

I've steered clear of some electronics, though. Never bought a phone or anything like that from them. But I've bought several microSD cards and a few thumb drives. Every one of the microSDs turned out iffy (64G and 128G). They register as the right size (when they register at all). But they show as very slow in the devices I've bought them for (phones and tablets. the Amazon Fire in particular). One thumb drive, 1TB in size, works. Usually. On some devices. The other thumb drives gave me no problems.

Other electronics (infrared lights to use in the garage, a dashcam, some chargers, etc) worked as advertised. The non-electronic things I bought all turned out great, though one wearable item was a bit larger than I expected, larger than the photo made it appear.
    manson

Post  manson on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 am

Lady.
    Agreed, my BV600 and R7 are absolutely brilliant.

SM.
    I purchased a couple of SD cards from PC World here in the UK and both of them were dead! As my boy said, you can't blame an entire nation because a company sends a bad product, it's not intentional as they want our custom. As with all purchses from anywhere I always look for reviews to read or watch and check out the companies credentials and customer feedback first. I ordered a jacket from China a couple of years ago and when it arrived it was too small. It fitted my 12 year old nephew perfectly though and he loved it. After further investigation I found out that asian sizes differ from ours and it's best to contact the supplier first for confirmation if in doubt. I did that on the re-order and the jacket fitted perfectly Very Happy. You are correct about the shipping/delivery times being very long though so, if it's urgent or a gift you should give plenty of time or order from your own country.
    I'll have a look at wish.com as I've not heard of it. I use Aliexpress.

Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:36 am

Good to know...

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:28 am