New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

If you ever get bored during the next 8 years.....

sinister_midget
    Admin

If you ever get bored during the next 8 years.....

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:45 am

http://hewillnotdivide.us/

Actually, I think the people right there now will be out working - for a change. And there probably won't be anybody around except the cars and trucks on the street and walkers along the sidewalks in about another couple of weeks.

I've only watched for about 3 minutes now and half of the people started looking at their phones. Probably to see what Trump is tweeting about it, or to see what somebody fed their cat.

The only things missing on this auspicious occasion is they need Ashley Judd to complain about tampons and a tirade by Madonna about blowing stuff up.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: If you ever get bored during the next 8 years.....

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Alright. I put that out 5 days ago. Not even a week ago. Here's a screenshot I took at 1:27pm CST today:

They seem to be losing interest faster than I predicted, but certainly not faster than I imagined.

More of what I've witnessed going on there (I look in from time-to-time, and even let it run for a long time while I do other things sometimes):

• Trump backers show up and sometimes get in front of the camera to say what they want. One night they were even there all night long. Just them. The libs probably had to go home for curfew, or to eat their once-a-day meals of Ramen noodles.

• There's a green-haired guy who keeps saying stupid things like "Punch them with love! Because what can they hit you back with? Love!" Except when the Trump backers are there. Then he gets real close to the camera and begs more unemployed liberals to come help him defend the spot from the "haters" who are being friendly to everybody and just kind of hanging around and mingling.
    • Sometimes there are several jobless liberals there at once, chanting over and over "He will not divide us." When a Trump backer tries to say something like "He wants to unite us" they have fits and get louder to drown that out, or they try to block the camera.
    • One of the "peaceful" organizers was arrested - on camera - after being peaceful to a Trump backer by beating on him. This particular "peaceful organizer" has been arrested multiple times for similar behavior in the last few months. He's a "performance artist" (hence this setup) that used to be popular and nobody pays any attention to him now. Which is probably why he's such an angry "peaceful" guy these days. Being a leftist, he thinks everything he does is important So not getting any attention at all is probably the worst thing that can happen to such a "peaceful" person.

All in all, it's a very boring event with the rare chance to see something interesting. The boring part is what I assumed it would be before the middle of February. So far I'm right.

I suspect they'll make an attempt to garner some support before the end of next month. I'm not sure how much backing that will produce. I expect they'll make another strong push just after schools let out, figuring all of the unemployed college degreed jobless people will be in a rage. That one might succeed for a couple of days. Max. I douobt it, but it's possible while the people with degrees wait for they Subway and Starbucks jobs to open up. Most of those unemployed college degreed people will be looking for work and/or enjoying loafing for the summer. The others will be rich enough to have better things to do or be more interested in staying up all night playing video games.

This will probably be a total bust before Memorial Day. And it might be taken down totally before Independence Day Before the end of the year for sure. But I'll stop by and look every now and then just to see how right I am. I try to look at least once a day.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 pm

If the unemployed college degreed people want to work at Starbucks they will find that immigrants are going to receive preferential treatment in job openings - as announced today.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Absolutely. That will probably bring some needed support for a couple of hours one day so they can rage against Trump because Starbucks won't hire them. Then it'll be off to some other place to enjoy loafing for the summer and/or playing video games all night and sleeping in.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Starbucks isn't that what they call Chinese money Pfthttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 am

2 days later.....

They took the fence down. They finally decided the crowd shrank enough that they didn't need to have security during the day to control them. Don't know if the cops are still there. They were out of sight on the left side.

During the day there might be a snowflake every once in awhile almost whispering "He will not divide us." I suppose they're too afraid somebody might hear them or something. And night it's been Trump supporters almost totally (1 to 6 at a time). There's one Canadian who hangs out there early morning and talks about the great people he's met on his trip to New York to find people on the right. That and he answers posts people are putting up on 4chan's /pol/ section asking things about him and the people he's met.

And that's pretty much the extent of the protest now.

In case you never went to the page, here's the purpose as stated:

Commencing at 9am on January 20, 2017, the day of the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States, the public is invited to deliver the words "HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US" into a camera mounted on a wall outside the Museum of the Moving Image, New York, repeating the phrase as many times, and for as long as they wish.

Open to all, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the participatory performance will be live-streamed continuously for four years, or the duration of the presidency. In this way, the mantra "HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US" acts as a show of resistance or insistence, opposition or optimism, guided by the spirit of each individual participant and the community.

As you can see it has been an overwhelming success these past 12 days. Only 3 years and 354 days to go. (I doubt they'll continue it for the second term since it died so quickly during the first one.)
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 am

Nobody cares. Right on schedule.

Except the poor cop who has to stay there in case somebody cares and start some crap. Like Shia LeBouf (pronounced SHY-A, another Disney channel misfit), who co-organized this and was arrested for attacking a person or persons who wouldn't say the magic words he lovingly demanded.

That's the first time I've seen a cop or cop car visible. I can only assume the area has been empty at night for a few days and they figure nobody's looking now either. There's been museum security (mall cop) once in awhile standing around, sometimes even close to the camera (still several feet away) talking to people. But no cops.

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 pm