New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

A new era has arrived!

Sunshine16

A new era has arrived!

Post  Sunshine16 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:48 am

Such an exciting day!!!
    Sunshine16

Re: A new era has arrived!

Post  Sunshine16 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:50 am

Got a ticket but won't be able to go.

JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 am

Awesome... Very Happy
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:37 am

I sure wouldn't want to attend a standing room only event for all the many hours it would require to get in and secure a reasonable place for watching, wouldn't like all of the crowded close proximity with other standees either. Does the "commemorative ticket only" designation mean only good the one time to get into the Lincoln Memorial area, or only a keepsake, or what?
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 pm

I watched the inauguration and it was great. Trump gave a great speech, and he put the do-nothings, both Dem. and Rep. on noticed that theirs days of nonsense were over. It was also refreshing to hear a President actually say the words Islamic Terrorists.....I look forward to see how it all plays out. One thing is for sure, the days of apologizing for being America are over. No more kissing out enemies behind, no more lines drawn in the sand, this is going to be good......
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm

I watched it too. My impressions: most inspiring political speech I've heard in my lifetime; only speech that has required me to use over a dozen tissues to wipe away my tears; all of the music & singing were great renditions; prayers offered were fitting and I was happy to hear the words "in Jesus Christ's name"; President & Mrs. Trump are both humble people at heart; Hillary seemed okay with the transition, Bill was thunderstruck with emotion - with trembling lips and teary eyes, appearing to approve of the patriotism message in President Trump's speech; Obama appeared sad but Mrs. Obama appeared grief stricken and angry and had trouble clenching her jaw and controlling her lower lip; I wanted to applaud when President Trump used the words "radical Islamic terrorists.

As soon as the ceremony was over the media started analyzing the speech with criticism directed at the content. CBS commentators started it with their talk of him "taking the hides off" every office holder on the platform.

I wish, hope, and pray that President Trump will be successful in achieving the goals he mentioned today. Isn't it great to say the words President Donald J. Trump? I hope and pray that America can achieve greatness again.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:32 pm

A great  speech and I loved every word.

What Lady saith and You Go Donald !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:33 pm

I watched Bloomberg. They had trouble holding back from talking about the "dark tone" of Trump's speech even as he gave it.

It must be awful to be irrelevant and know it.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am