New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Paper Towels

Ladyelaine

Paper Towels

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 pm

I opened a package of Bounty select a size paper towels today, knew immediately they were slightly different from previous ones. These sheets are 1/4" narrower in size than the older version. They downsized each sheet of Charmin toilet paper last year, I should have expected the paper towels would be next. Price is the same of course.
    Sunshine16

Re: Paper Towels

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:07 am

I had not noticed yet. They still fit my towel holder under the cabinet the same....very snug. What brand? I use Bounty regular size sheets. I hate the select a size.
    Ladyelaine

Re: Paper Towels

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:22 am

Charmin and Bounty are both Procter & Gamble products. The narrowing of width in the toilet paper rolls caused them to flop around in the dispenser but with the towels, they have narrowed them by shortening the width of each dispensed towel, in other words, in the opposite direction in order for them not to fall out of older mounted dispensers. The newer towels have a different "quilting" design than the older ones. Manufacturer's message on them is printed in English, Spanish, and French. Although it says made in the U.S.A, it also states of domestic and imported materials.

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm