New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Attn Sinister

Psycho144

Attn Sinister

Post  Psycho144 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Lady posted this on the old board, maybe you can help.

I tried many times today to reply to posts on the new board but every time it turned into some kind of gibberish code with no way to make it readable. Disabling codes didn't work. I must have a gremlin somewhere with regard to that board.
    Anyway - thank you for the nostalgia JJ. To SM, I turned off the sound and simply admired Elvis' eyelashes. .

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Attn Sinister

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Thanks. I responded there.

I really don't think there's a thing I can do about it. I have strange things happen to me here, too. Eventually they auto-correct. And it's not just this forum, but several different places as well.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:21 am

Strange - got in here a couple of minutes ago using Edge but Chrome doesn't allow me to post. I tried it again with no luck, just hoping Edge doesn't do the same since it changed all the posting options around and some choices don't want to cooperate.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:12 pm

It could be the browser has a glitch. Maybe due to an extension. Maybe something in an upgrade that didn't get caught before release. It might work if you deleted Chrome and reinstalled it. But that's a lot of work exporting bookmarks, importing them again, getting passwords straight, etc.

I wanted to run a texting app from Firefox. It has an extension for Firefox and Chrome. I liked it because I could add the same one to my tablet and both phones so I could keep texts flowing no matter what I used. Everything worked as it should except one.

I added it to Firefox. When I opened it I couldn't do anything. There was a block to get to the settings where I wanted to login, but I couldn't make it respond. The contents of the box wouldn't scroll either.

I wrote the author. He said it was odd because Mozilla tests things extensively before releasing them. Plus he had the same browser version and it worked. I turned off all extensions and tried again. No change.

I went to the web page and logged in. Then when I dropped down the box the texts were there. YAY! Except I still couldn't do anything: couldn't scroll the window, couldn't open a text, couldn't start a new one, couldn't respond and couldn't get to the menu.

Go to Chrome and Slimjet and it works like it should. (When I tried to install it on Vivaldi, it opened Chrome to install it on, so that one fails as well. But the app works.)

I could keep it in a browser page and pin the tab so it wouldn't close or move. But it never updates that way unless I manually make it do so. One reason for all of this effort was notifications no matter what I'm doing. The web page doesn't give any.

I eventually found another way using a different brand that works everywhere. And it has the added bonus that I can get texts from my main phone onto my secondary phone and work with them there. (The other one would let me read them, but not reply or start new ones.) The app works everywhere, and the extension works on all of the browsers, too.

All I'm getting at is sometimes things that did work and/or oughta work find their own inexplicable ways to fail anyway.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

I have posted here using both Chrome and FF and haven't had any problems. Could be an app issue. Ublock origin can be a problem sometimes as well as No Script.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:04 pm

Me either...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:50 am