New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Alternate Administrator(s)

sinister_midget
    Admin

Alternate Administrator(s)

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:11 am

Looking for a volunteer or two so this board doesn't end up without an adult that can make all the rest of us behave ourselves.

No big hurry. I promise I won't make anybody do all of the work. It's just a backup, and a chance to poke around and see what's done how (and maybe mess a thing or three up in the learning process like I've been doing) long before it becomes an emergency or something.
    JJRobinson

Re: Alternate Administrator(s)

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:17 am

Not just any one can join, right !...I mean, they can't just automatically be a member just by signing up, right !...You approve them before they can start posting and can they read our posts before joining or is this a closed group ?
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:28 am

Right now it's wide open. I'd like to keep it that way for awhile to try attracting a few more active users. But it can be locked down any time.

It's also possible to ban users by name and/or IP address. Doing it by username should be easy enough. But by IP may or may not be so simple since they might actually have to be connected to get the address to ban.

But currently it's open. If it becomes a problem, or if we get too many people (not likely, but you never know) then I can close it to the outside world.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Gotcha...you da boss... Very Happy

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 am