New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Friday In The Hospital.....

Joencalif2

Friday In The Hospital.....

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Soooo, I was awakened Thursday morning around 3:30 am with intense pain in my chest and my upper back, right between my shoulder blades...needless to say I was a little more than worried. Once I cleared the cobwebs out of my head I tried assessing the situation. No pain down the left arm, but a heart attack doesn't always do that. I got up, walked around to see if I was somehow laying funny in bed and it would go away. After about 20 minutes it wasn't any better so I woke up my wife and got to the hospital around 4 am. Went and saw someone immediately, got assessed, they took an EKG which looked good, was handed a slip of paper that had a check list on it and told to hurry up and wait. About 30 minutes later they took a blood draw, 5 or 6 viles of blood, then wait some more. The 1 more hour of waiting and was then taken to the back and got a room in the ER....more waiting. Then finally more blood taken...at this point I was looking for fangs on the people taking the blood,,,,ya never know. Then some fool tried putting an IV in my arm....OH MY GOD...he knew nothing. Stuck it in one...missed, twice missed again third time missed and went all the way through the vein, by now I'm getting light headed and starting pass out....that's when he asked an EMT that just happened to be outside for help....bingo he got the IV in.....Then in comes a doctor. Of course I was still trying to regain consciousness as he was talking to me....I got about half of what he said. I got that they were testing my blood looking for enzymes that would indicate if I'd had a heart attack or not, but that would be a while and he was going to admit me. Well around 12 noon, (remember I was there at 4am) I got put in an OVERFLOW room, that's how busy they were. Well to make an already long story short, at 4 pm I saw a cardiologist and she said the blood enzymes were all good...no heart attack. What I was experiencing was inflammation of the chest wall. So what do I do doc? I was told just go see your primary physician and take 81mg aspirin....I already do that doc....what else?" That's about it. Swell.... so she told the nurse to release me....and that is a 2 hour procedure. The paper work takes 2 frigging hours to get done, before you can go home....AND HOW WAS YOUR FRIDAY?? Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!
    Psycho144

Re: Friday In The Hospital.....

Post  Psycho144 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:21 pm

That is why a lot of people just suffer and wish for the best. I didn't do that I waited till I was on my second one and was almost gone by the time the life squad got me to the emerg room.
    I had two in a row  plus I was hemorraging from my esophagus .
    It was four days before I knew anything. My wife said the dr's didn't think I would make it.
    But here I be and that was March 4th 2014
    The good Lord is the only who knows.

Take and never wait.

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:54 pm

I didn't have that. But I had a bleeding ulcer. A really bad one it turns out.

I was in ICU for a week. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but there was a nurse sitting next to my bed constantly for the first 3 days. Only later did my doctor tell me I was supposed to be dead. It turns out that the nurse was there for when I finally gave up the ghost. Which I'm guessing I never did. Since then I've been scoped several times and there's no there there. Other than some places that it's obvious I once had a problem.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Wow....I was gonna ask you if you took some Bayer...I got some on hand, just in case...I never had one, but I am ready, in case I do....
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:42 am

What an ordeal!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:50 am