New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Senate Dems Vow to Hold Up Bills Until Vote on Coal Miners' Healthcare

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm

The Democrats, the party that has hated coal and threatened to eliminate the jobs related to it, suddenly are worried about their healthcare provisions?

After Democrats took an Election Day hit in coal country, a group of Senate Democrats has vowed to block unanimous consent bills until a pension shortfall for retired mine workers is addressed.

Last month, 22 senators wrote to congressional leadership urging that the Miners Protection Act, sponsored by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), be passed before Congress leaves for the year.

“Their clear message is that passing this legislation is not just critical for saving the lives of tens of thousands of coalfield retirees, it represents a ‘continuation of a longstanding commitment by our government to lifetime health and retirement benefits for our miners,'" United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) president Cecil E. Roberts said in a Nov. 22 statement.

Oh, I see. They're "worried" about it because a union thug is involved.

Now it makes perfect sense.
    JJRobinson

Re: Senate Dems Vow to Hold Up Bills Until Vote on Coal Miners' Healthcare

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:11 am

Yep....

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:16 pm