New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Firefox Issues

Joencalif2

Firefox Issues

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:39 pm

So, I was having issues with Firefox acting strange, slow that sort of thing, so I went to the troubleshooting section and refreshed the browser. What that is supposed to do, is refresh the browser and fix any little or big issues that it's having. Afterward, you have to re-install your addons and so on. No big deal, the passwords and bookmarks are still there. So before I did anything, I set yahoo as my homepage like always, but when I logged onto Firefox, yahoo wouldn't come up, instead I got this security page that said yahoo was not safe, and did not pass firefox security. I could reset the thing or anything....there were some other websites that had the same issue, but I could add them as secure, but not yahoo. I don't know if I downloaded a corrupt version of FF but I got it from the Mozilla website, and it was the 49.2 so I don't get it. Any suggestions as I have purged it from my computer and am using Chrome. Any other browser suggestions. I tried Vivaldi but it's just a clone of chrome.....as is Opera. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, and on my laptop I have the same version of FF and it works no problem...go figure....
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Firefox Issues

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Could be caused by an addon/extension that installs its own certificates. Such as Adguard or similar.

If you use Adguard, try what they say at this link and see if that helps. If you don't use that, or if that doesn't fix it, a list of addons might be helpful tracking down the problem.

One way to narrow it down and maybe find the culprit would be to disable all extensions and try it. If it works OK, that's definitely the problem. Then you can start enabling them one at a time to see which one causes it to happen. You might have to kill and restart the browser each time. A pain, I know. But it might be necessary so everything is clear and fresh on each attempt. You can still try them without doing that first to see if you can locate it without going through all that trouble.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Thanks Sin....I do have adguard, I'll have to give it a shot and see
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:32 pm

This is what I'm getting when I download a new firefox 49.2 The addons I had are all gone so there's no adguard or anything...

The owner of www.yahoo.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.
    manson

Post  manson on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:35 am

Hi joe, found this post at Mozilla Forum from 6/8/16  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1126324

Hope there is something of assistance to you there. Good luck.

Maybe firefox is being cautious after the latest news on the massive attack that Yahoo suffered and only released more details of a couple of weeks ago.
    More here http://www.cio-today.com/article/index.php?story_id=031002RIHR2J on that if you're interested.
    Apparently Yahoo knew they had a hugh problem as far back as 2014!
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 pm

No Manson that's not it....FireFox works fine on my laptop, it' something to do with my desktop, and I can't figure it out. If nothing else I'll use Chrome on my desktop, and FF on my laptop...it's just frustrating is all....
    manson

Post  manson on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 am

Sorry that was of no assistance joe. Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Let us know. Just found this to add as an exception to add block software.

Code:
    @@||geo.query.yahoo.com^$xmlhttprequest

Don't know if it will work but worth a try.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:55 pm

FIXED IT....well I didn't a buddy of mine that is the head Tech at Staples office supply here in So Cal fixed it for me. It was my eset antivirus that was preventing the certificates from downloading. Now it works just as good as new....
    manson

Post  manson on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 am

Great news joe. Glad you're up'n'runnin.....
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 am

Very Happy
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Yup, next time I got to remember to check the anitivirus....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 am