New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Happy Hump Day

Joencalif2

Happy Hump Day

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am

Well it's almost time for the big labor day weekend....anyone got plans? As for me my plans are to stay local and stay off the highways. Maybe do a little barbecue or see if we get invited to one....Have a good one whatever you do..... Smile Smile
    Sunshine16

Re: Happy Hump Day

Post  Sunshine16 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:32 am

I will turn a year older on Saturday....my son is coming for a short visit....that's about it.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 pm

At the moment I'm just hoping I don't have to clean up storm damage. State of emergency with tropical storm/possible hurricane here with  warning of winds tomorrow & tomorrow night up to 72 mph, flooding likely due to 5" of rain with up to 15" possible in some localities because of the slow movement, tornadoes possible.
    I've got emergency food and water supply, gas tank full, cell phone charged. Now I've got to re-position my heavy sleeping recliner down my hallway away from windows where projectiles could have easy access. I wish I had one of those microwave ovens like truckers have with "cigarette lighter" type plugins. Most cost too much, around $300. I looked at plug in coffee makers, around $35. but they take a long time to heat up and the little inexpensive stoves have a long cable that runs directly to a vehicle battery instead of plugging in, trouble being lifting a hood to hook it up, particularly if it is raining.  I have a gasoline powered generator, trouble is I don't have enough muscle power to crank it up.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:12 pm

Good luck with the hurricane, Lady. I've been through a few myself (in Mississippi) and I know they can be chaotic.

I'll work part of the weekend. Saturday. I won't know until tomorrow if that includes Monday or not. OK with me if it does since I don't do anything on most holidays except lay around. I'm currently off Sunday, but with some people being unreliable I might end up working on that day, too. Same goes, won't bother me.

chicken_lady2

labor day

Post  chicken_lady2 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 pm

No plans, just staying home and taking it easy. Ed has been back welding at the welding shop that our son Eddy works in. It is in Alabama. He rides with another guy back and forth. It is a hour trip one way.He has been there 4 months. Works 4 days a week 8 hours a day. We have caught up on the remainder of his medical bills from the Quadruple bi-pass he had to have almost 2 years ago. And we updated a few things in the house.

He is contracted to do some updates and replacement tracks for some huge pavers. Our son loves having him there.I still am sewing and puttering around. Cannot walk very well any more. Have a degenerative joint and bone disease. But I do what I can and keep busy as much as possible. It affects my hands as well, but so far so good can still thread a machine, do housework and work a bit in the garden which is about done for this year. We had a very small garden.

I hope those in the path of that awful storm will be safe and not hit too hard. The weatherman changes his stories a lot. By the way I need a chicken Emotion, can't find one. You know me and chickens! lol
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Happy Birthday Sunshine....good luck to all those in the path of those storms.....take care one and all....

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:38 pm