New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

What to do with old iPhones

sinister_midget
    Admin

What to do with old iPhones

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:00 pm

You'll need a few more than a couple. So ask your friends and family if they have any sitting in a drawer.

10,000. That's a few million dollars worth.
    Psycho144

Re: What to do with old iPhones

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Someone has to much time on their hands *snicker*
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:38 pm

I just give them to Killery and she takes a hammer to them....very efficient....
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:55 am

Imagine the bang if you used Samsung.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:51 pm

You only have to worry if it's a Samsung note.....
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Samsung washing machines blow up too.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 am

We had a Samsung washer. One of the few things I ever got an extended warranty on. A little over a year later it was busted. It started making more noise than normal for awhile. Then it started sounding like it was out of balance all of the time. Then it got worse. It would fill and not drain, made a lot of noise when it would spin (rarely did spin after awhile) and required 2-3 spins to get the water out of clothes when it would work. We called about it. They brought another one instead of fixing the old one. The guy that brought it said he'd never heard of a Samsung having problems before.

Earlier this year, the replacement did the exact same thing. We replaced it with a Maytag (genuine USA product made in some foreign country). It's noisier. But it has an agitator which the Samsung didn't. I suspect that's part of the problem.

Where my wife works they use a washer. It was replaced with another model without an agitator (Kenmore or something). It's been there maybe 3 months now, and she says it's starting to sound just like the Samsung did before it went out completely both times.

I'll never buy another product with no agitator.

But on the subject of Samsung, I stopped with them, too. When I was in Korea Samsung was considered inferior by a lot of Koreans. They preferred Gold Star (I think they renamed themselves to LG). 25-30 years later I figured Samsung had gotten their act together. Especially since they seemed to have a decent reputation. Bought a couple of phones, no problems. Got 5 different TVs, all OK. Got the washer. Bought a tablet. The tablet was mediocre, the washer went out twice, both phones ended up having major hardware problems (one was replaced with another Samsung that's not doing bad so far), one of the TVs doesn't have headphone audio (found out when trying to add external speakers, so didn't know it for awhile) and another TV will go completely black screen and not come back if I try to adjust the volume just as the screen goes dark (I have to turn it off and back on to correct it). One of the TVs was used as a monitor (no sound output needed) and another one only gets turned on a few times a year. So maybe they have problems now I'm not aware of. But that leaves one working that I don't think has anything wrong with it.

No more Samsung products. All washers will have an agitator. No exceptions.
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:21 pm

I had a front load...it last 5 months. The moldy smell was awful  on the door seal.    I took a loss on that one but I get severe headaches from mold.

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 pm