New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Watch This Driver Stop for In-N-Out Drive-Thru While Being Chased by the Cops

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:57 pm

In N Out Police Chase

A man in Phoenix pulled his lifted Chevy Silverado into an In-N-Out drive-thru and waited several minutes for food while being chased by police Wednesday night. Because what better time is there to order a Double-Double Animal Style with some fries on the side than when the law's hot on your tail?

Thirty-five year-old Joshua Adkins was trailed by police and a TV news helicopter while driving his bro truck around Phoenix and surrounding areas when he stopped at the well-loved fast-food restaurant, Fox 10 Phoenix reports. From what we've seen in a Facebook Live video, Adkins was stopped at In-N-Out for around three minutes without being directly bothered by police before continuing his trip. Oh, and not only did he stop at In-N-Out, he also left without grabbing any food.

...What?

The chase ended with Adkins being taken into police custody after driving into a neighborhood, parking his truck, and running into a backyard on foot. The 35-year-old was taken in on suspicion of unlawful flight from police, aggravated assault-domestic violence, and unlawful imprisonmentFox 10 Phoenix reports.

In N Out Police Chase Man

As East Coasters deprived of the tastiness of In-N-Out, we could understand why one would be so desperate for a hot meal from the fast-food spot. But maybe picking up a burger while in the midst of a police chase isn't the brightest idea?

What's even weirder, though, is that it took so long for police to catch up with Adkins even after he took his time ordering food. Where were the cops on the ground? Down the block at Wendy's?

When I worked for the police department, I was standing at one of our drive-thru doors and heard some sirens. We were in the "L" of a building, so I couldn't see part of the street that ran in front or any of the street perpendicular to it to the west. The sirens got louder. Eventually I saw this small pickup come driving up the street about 25MPH with 4 cop cars behind it and the sirens going. The truck pulled up to the intersection down the street to the east, stopped, signaled and turned left. With the cops right behind. I could still hear the sirens for awhile until they eventually got far enough away that I couldn't hear them any more. In other words, they were still chasing this guy at 25MPH for at least another 5 minute. I supposed they finally stopped him. I still don't know what it was about.
    Joencalif2

Re: Watch This Driver Stop for In-N-Out Drive-Thru While Being Chased by the Cops

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Hey....unless you've had an In & Out burger you just have no idea.....I totally get why he stopped. Notice he didn't stop at Carl's, or Micky D's, or any where else...it was at an In & Out....
    JJRobinson

Re: Watch This Driver Stop for In-N-Out Drive-Thru While Being Chased by the Cops

Post  JJRobinson on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:06 am

We got a In-Out in Killeen a couple years ago...I tried it and didn't care for it, I also wondered why everyone from the west coast raved about em...I reckon I am just an old Texan...I will stick to the great Whataburger...

Thousand Island on a hamberger....Please git a rope...!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:39 am

Never had In & Out. Haven't had Whataburger in more than 30 years. I think I was in Mississippi in 1979/80 the last time I had one. I can't even remember if I liked them or not.

I never cared for Krystal, I remember that. But Krystal was too much like White Castle to me, and I don't like those either

Another one I don't remember if I liked or not was Burger Chef. I don't even think those are around anywhere any more.

When I was a kid I used to like A&W. Then I worked in one. Now I can't touch anything with the A&W logo. Especially root beer.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:56 am

I grew up on Whataburger...I was standing at the door when they opened up store #24 in Odessa, Texas in March of 61....It was the first store to have the orange and white A-Frame...They was $.35 back then...Harmon Dobson, who started the business was a avid flyer and started having the A-frames put on, so when he flew over a town, he could see his stores....As of 2012, there are 735 stores...Here us a picture of my hometown store #24 in Odessa getting built and one getting ready for grand opening...It is still there today...I lived right behind the store... Very Happy

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:15 am

35¢ for a burger in 1961? Good Lord that's expensive! The burgers in a town a little ways away from where I was raised that we used to go to were only 15¢. Fries were 12¢ at the same place. I think the A&W was a dime or something. Those prices were around that same timeframe.

35¢ in 1961? My dad would have had to work overtime just to go there!
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:20 am

Here is a little history on the price in the beginning...

In 1950, Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton were looking to open a hamburger restaurant. Dobson's goal was to "make a better burger that took two hands to hold and tasted so good that when you took a bite you would say 'What a burger!'" In June 1950, Dobson was granted the Whataburger trademark. In August of that year they opened their first location on Ayers Street in Corpus Christi, Texas, across from Del Mar College. The store sold burgers for 25 cents, and also sold drinks and chips.

In 1951, Burton and Dobson ended their partnership after arguments concerning Dobson's price raise of the burger from 25 to 30 cents. Burton settled with owning the Whataburger franchises in San Antonio, Texas. Months later, prices for burgers were raised to 35 cents. In 1952, Dobson opened a location in Kingsville, Texas, the first store outside of Corpus Christi. In 1953, Joe Andrews, Sr. became the first non-founder franchise owner with a location in Alice, Texas. In 1959, the first Whataburger restaurant outside Texas opened in Pensacola, Florida.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:18 am

Neva had one but Watastory !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:39 am

Best burgers my family ever enjoyed were the Big Shef and Super Shef sold at Burger Chef restaurants. All of them closed in 1996 when General Mills bought them out.  Some later opened as Hardees.  Burger King burgers were my favorite for many years until a Hardees opened nearby and although not the same as the delicious Big Shef's were, Hardees burgers are now my favorites tastewise. If an In & Out or a Whata ever opens around here I'll sample their menu.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:49 pm

I think Hardees puts thousand island on theirs too....I seen it on it's commercials...boooooooo

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 pm