New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Democratic Lawmaker Wants 10 Times As Many Syrian Refugees Admitted Into The U.S.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Democratic Lawmaker Wants 10 Times As Many Syrian Refugees Admitted Into The U.S.

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:42 pm

On Wednesday, the United States admitted its 10,000th refugee from Syria.

Reacting to that figure, one Democratic member of Congress called it a “good start” but would like to see the United States take in more than 100,000 refugees.

“Today, we accepted our 10,000th Syrian refugee,” wrote California Rep. Judy Chu on Twitter. “Good start, but I know our country can take in at least 10x more.”

I agree with her. And I also agree all of the  new ones should only be settled in her district. And I further agree she should be required to stay in her district full-time and telecommute to Congress instead of ever showing up there in person.

Ladyelaine

Re: Democratic Lawmaker Wants 10 Times As Many Syrian Refugees Admitted Into The U.S.

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:34 am

I approve of Sin's message!

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm