New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

AG Loretta Lynch: 'I Have Seen Firsthand How Corruption...Is About Breaking Trust'

sinister_midget
    Admin

AG Loretta Lynch: 'I Have Seen Firsthand How Corruption...Is About Breaking Trust'

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:37 am

Seen, participated in - it's all the same thing.

Speaking in Rome, Italy on Thursday, Attorney General Loretta Lynch told a group of leaders and law enforcement officials that "fighting corruption in all of its forms" is a vital mission of the U.S. Justice Department.

Including treason? Somebody you and I know of broke espionage laws. Wasn't your job to indict said person? Why didn't you?

Don't blame the FBI director for it. He's crooked, too. But it's not his job to make that decision. It's not even really his job to recommend anything one way or the other.

"And like many of you, I have seen firsthand how corruption, at bottom, is about breaking trust. It is about undermining citizens’ belief in their elected officials.  It is about betraying the people’s faith that when public monies are spent on services for citizens – from infrastructure to education – none of those funds will be misappropriated for selfish ends.  

"And it is about poisoning the civic spirit of a people – displacing passion with cynicism, and solidarity with suspicion.  And that is why the U.S. Department of Justice has made it a priority to root out, prosecute, and prevent corruption."

So what you're really trying to say is, "Mission accomplished!"

Granted, you didn't have a long way to fall after the corruption of Eric Holder. But there was a little room to climb back after he left. Room you ignored and wasted. Now it's going to be up to your replacement to try to repair the damage. Because you can't now.

Ladyelaine

Re: AG Loretta Lynch: 'I Have Seen Firsthand How Corruption...Is About Breaking Trust'

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:06 am

Excellent cartoon.  Exclamation
    Psycho144

Re: AG Loretta Lynch: 'I Have Seen Firsthand How Corruption...Is About Breaking Trust'

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:49 am

Ladyelaine wrote:Excellent cartoon.  Exclamation
    "YUP"

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 pm