New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

DO NOT delete old Tech Board Account.

manson

DO NOT delete old Tech Board Account.

Post  manson on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:51 am

A couple of weeks after this board started up I decided to delete my account on the Old Board Crying or Very sad . Thinking/hoping that this board would take off with a flurry of new members!
    After no activity here for days (apart from the political board) I decided to pop back to see if everyone/anyone  was on the old board only to discover that; I cannot create an account (just says 'account pending') obviously because there are no Admins there.  I should have stayed with the old board until it died naturaly in 2019. Live and learn eh!............
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: DO NOT delete old Tech Board Account.

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:44 am

I never closed the account, but I rarely go back there now.

I was/wasn't surprised to see there was more activity there than I expected last time I went. "Was" because it's going to go away. "Wasn't" because it's more familiar and in some ways easier to work with (and some, at least for me, harder).

I tried at least 3 times to make it work over there. But every time I logged out of admin I could never administer anything again. It would let me log back in as admin. But it would tell me I didn't have any rights to do anything. Even if I set me (as me) up on a different browser, I'd lose rights on the one I previously had admin working on. Even if I gave me 100% authority to do anything as me, it would fail on both admin and me to allow any changes once admin logged out just once. Waiting for responses from the owners of everything resulted in.....well.....I'm still waiting on one from about 2 months ago, just to give you an idea.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:09 am

I read there every day and still post. I much prefer the format of that board to this one. If there is no one there to share happy (or sad) moments or to help with computer troubles I guess I must be talking to myself.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 am

I check daily and hope to see EO on there .
    I used the e-mail he has listed there but to no avail as of yet.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

Psycho - I've sent e-mails to two addresses and tried phoning two numbers I have but all have gone un-answered. The only good news I have for you is that there has not been anything published in any news statewide.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Manson - you have been deleted there as a user but your previous posts do remain. I looked back at some of your past posts that had helped me resolve some computer problems before; unfortunately, they don't work anymore since the W-10 October update.  None of their suggested workarounds worked with my computer. MS says they are aware of problems concerning programs that won't open (Office 2010) but they will be automatically fixed with the November updates. Although some users are able now to download the November update ahead of time, mine is not one of them.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 pm

It would be nice to see this take off....I think EO has been in the hospital...I saw a post on FaceBook with something to that affect....
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 pm

He has posted from the Hosp before he has a i-pad or tablet he uses whence in there.
    manson

Post  manson on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:49 am

Lady. I beleive that the next W10 update (as you say Nov) will address some of the MANY problems that users are having with various things. I think we all should have expected that any new OS would come with bugs and other problems that will be an on-going process for the vendor to fix.

All other previous OS's were continuously being updated and having bugs and security problems sorted out. It's simply par for the course, unfortunately we (the end users) just have to sit back and wait for them to address our particular problem. I'll bet there are no multi Nationals or Government Depts having trouble with their Office 2010!!!
    And don't forget, when eventualy they do get the OS to a point that we are all reasonably happy and familar with,  it will be time to forceably shove W11 on to us. Sad

P.S. Thanks again for all the hard work put into this forum by SM. cheers
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 am

manson....I did not delete my account but  one day my computer was feeling slow so I thought I might delete cookies, etc...  I was never able to log on again. So here I am.
    manson

Post  manson on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:27 am

That's unfortunate Sunshine. My deletion was caused directly by my own actions. Whilst it is true to say that our PCs will perform adequately the tasks we require them to; they (PC's) do seem to do things for no apparent reason and at the most inconvenient times Sad .
    At least we both have a second home here Very Happy .
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:55 am

Yes...lucky I had saved this link or I would be out of luck...I did give Lady my personal email incase something happened.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am