New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Be safe Lady

Psycho144

Be safe Lady

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:16 am

Hurricane Matthew is on the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy is moving his trailer 4 miles inland today, not taking any chances.
    He always stays in Juniper whence he is there.

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Be safe Lady

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:02 am

Yeah, this one sounds like it's pretty big and powerful, too.

Hope you're hunkered-down in a safe place, Lady!
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:43 am

Stay safe.....
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Psycho - I hope your family members stay safe and evacuate further inland if necessary -possible 5 ft tide surge if the storm comes inland at high tide. 

I am preparing as best I can. I've experienced episodes before of no power for over 2 weeks, washed out roadways, and miles of roads under water, including Hwy 50 in central Florida and later I-75 in north Florida. I remember fish & some moccasins swimming over our top back step as a child in Seminole County. When the water finally started to recede we had plenty of "crawdaddies"(some call them Cajun shrimp) for food. I hope I never again have to see the Suwannee River approaching just a few feet from my door, or seeing other people's homes with water to the roof line or even higher.

People seem to be taking this storm more seriously than they have in the past.  I tried to purchase some supplies at Walmart and shelves were empty of some things on my list - no canned milk and no dry powdered milk, most varieties of bread gone - lucky to get the last loaf of an expensive variety of whole wheat with flax seed, something I've not purchased before @ a $3.99 price. I was able to get 9 volt batteries for my weather radio. If power is off they are good for about 6 hours each. Bought soups to eat from the can without heating, bean w/bacon soup makes a good sandwich spread on bread all by itself, an alternate for vienna sausages. Got store brand of Ensure as meal replacements if necessary, pouches of tuna fish, and beef jerky. I've stored a 2 week supply of water in 1/2 gal milk jugs and will recycle any not used when I do laundry later on - don't want to waste water.The pharmacy line had about 50 people in it yesterday trying to fill RX. I ordered my refills but will have to get in line today to pick them up, then top off my gas tank if that line is not too long.
    I hope the storm makes an abrupt right turn and goes out in the Atlantic pronto, trouble is it is still traveling NW - not good news.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:57 pm

My boy said he had to wait in line a good while to fill his truck up with gas. He is on his way to another camping spot he called ahed and made sure they had space.
    He has like over 30ft trailer LOL I still call him boy and he just turned 50 *snicker*

Hope you manage OK and stay safe.

Psycho
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Stay safe Lady....I got lucky on this one so far...it's supposed to make a right turn and not hit us in VA. Whew.   But things change so I am still prepared for it.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Stay safe and leave if you need too...Don't get stuck and can't leave if you decide too....
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:09 pm

This looks like it's going to be a real doozy of a storm....everyone stay safe.....I hope the damage is minimal....
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Where abouts is lady located?
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:55 am

I was hoping to hear from Lady by now but I bet she has no power. The rain has arrived up here in VA....nothing to worry about...we are on the edge.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:58 am

This is what Lady wrote 21 hours ago on the old page....

This is a huge storm area-wise. I am 100 miles inland from Jacksonville, just west of I-75, just north of I-10, and the first outer band has already reached me. It is windy, 65 degrees, and a steady heavy misting rain has been falling for about 4 hours, amounting to only a little over 1/4" so far. Conditions will worsen rapidly as the storm moves northward. The eye is still about 200 miles SE of me.

I believe she is good... Very Happy
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:18 am

I was very fortunate. This storm was nowhere near the one that came in here from the gulf a month ago. This time no torrential rain, just steady mist and the total was only 1/2". I had some wind gusts out of the north that broke off tree limbs, twisted off some tree tops, and brought down 4 trees that I know of, one across my driveway. My power stayed on, just blinked off and on a few times from transmission line problems. My nephew in Lake Mary just north of Orlando got 9" of rain and 2 trees down. My sister in Deland (where a tree fell on a woman's house and killed her), lost most of her roof. I'm still trying to contact my son and 5 other relatives. They may have no power and cell service may be out.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 am

Very Happy
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:57 am

Correction - the woman who was killed was outside of her house feeding her animals when the tree fell on her.
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:52 am

Good to hear from you lady and that you are safe.     sunny   
    We were not supposed to get the storm because it was going to turn aropund but Mathew paid a visit anyway. Just a couple inches of rain out of it and very windy gusting over 40 mph at times.  Should be a very windy day today.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 am