New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Black Coyote

Ladyelaine

Black Coyote

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Oh boy. There have been numerous coyotes around here for years, howl alone or in packs at night, sometimes run through my yard, but seldom seen in broad daylight. About 2 PM I went outside to put some trash in my burning barrel but decided against burning due to windy conditions. I was about to go back in the house when a black animal started trotting across my yard at a speedy clip. It stopped dead still when it saw me and I was startled dead still too. It was broadside to me with it's head turned toward me. I got a very good look at it and there is no mistaking the fact that I was staring at a coal black coyote, something I have never seen before and I don't know of any ever being reported in this area before. Too big for a fox, not husky enough for a wolf, and absolutely not a domestic canine. It had a very small head, lean face with long snout, very lean body and legs, but the characteristic long very bushy tail. As we stared at each other about 20 feet apart it suddenly decided to bolt for the woods for which I was extremely thankful. It may have feared me due to the fact I had on my huge dark sunglasses and was walking with my dark colored cane.  I hope to never see the likes of it again but I'll warn my neighbors who have guineas and baby goats and one who has pre-school children.
    Joencalif2

Re: Black Coyote

Post  Joencalif2 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Sounds like a cool encounter though.... What a Face
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:42 pm

I did feel like my blood was running cold for a few seconds. Smile
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 am

Testing one two three......glad I checked my email today. I was wondering how to find this board.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:31 am

Good to see you here Sunshine.  Smile

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am