New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

THE POLL!

manson

THE POLL!

Post  manson on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:14 am

Look above SM's post: [ Poll ]  Got an ActiveBoard forum set up
    in the General section.

You will see there are three options for you to choose from,

1. wether you want to stay here on this board,

2. go to new board

3. look for something else.

Although (at the time of posting this) 8 people had read SM's post only 2 of you have voted your preference (and I'm one of them!)

I think it would be helpful to SM if you voted so he can decide where you all want to go/stay.

Least we can do considering the amount of time and effort he has put in with regard to finding us a new home.
    Very much appreciated SM. Thank you. cheers
    Ladyelaine

Re: THE POLL!

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:43 am

I am the other one.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:40 am

It turns out the whole thing is moot now anyway. ActiveBoard won't let me administer a thing. I login as admin, try going to the panel and it tells me my credentials are bad. I put in the correct info and get the same error. I have it send me a password change link that I never get. This was the third try. Unlike the other two, I used one browser for the user account and another for admin.

It never would let me set up an account as sinister_midget because the email address was already in use. Of course it was. It was used by the account that was trying to setup a board. And I couldn't use that username with another email address because it already existed. None of that mattered. I was forced to use admin as the username on each attempt, and 3 different email accounts (that I can no longer use on there for anything else) in attempts to make something work.

I ran into the same problem twice before trying to set a forum up under different board names doing it this way:

• Second attempt. Using the same browser, log out of admin, log into the user account, works and can't administer anything, try logging back into admin and it never lets me administer. Assumed on the second board attempt it was because I used the same browser. Getting rid of cookies and trying again got the same result. Never got a response for a password reset link.
    • First attempt I logged in and set up sinister_midget as an administrator. Was never allowed to administer from that account even though it said it was set up for it. Kept getting the credential error. Went back in as admin and it started getting the error, too. Still waiting (4 days later) for a password reset link. Went back multiple times and told it to send me a link. Still nothing.

The one not working now, the one I gave the link to, is the third attempt. You know what they say about 3 strikes.

In all cases, sinister_midget still works. But nothing can be changed or set up because nobody has administration rights any more to do anything, including admin.

To contact them, one needs to login. I didn't even try that. I've had it.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 am

I voted

Psycho
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:01 pm

It won't let me vote...maybe I have already voted, stay here...
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:03 pm

It won't let me vote either...I WOULD have voted to stay here anyway....I feel so disenfranchised Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ....
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:59 pm

I removed the poll because there was no point since almost as soon as I posted it the other site decided to act up again. So even if everybody voted to move, there wasn't a thing i could do to change anything ever since it keeps telling me I don't have the rights to change anything. Even logged in as Admin. I don't know if I could have fixed Lady's login or not if I still had the rights. Without the rights it's definitely stuck exactly as it is now until something goes wrong and there's nobody to fix it. Basically, it's just like TekBoard II now.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 pm

All is well that ends well  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 pm

So I reckon we will just stay here... Smile
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:10 am

Yep...might as well lick off the shoes and stay awhile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm