New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

More Sections?

sinister_midget
    Admin

More Sections?

Post  sinister_midget on Sun 28 Aug 2016 - 22:24

OK. So I guess at least a few people would like an Android section? For sharing ideas? For help? Both? Something else?

What else might be good? I can add and I can take away at will, so I guess we could try almost anything for awhile and see how it goes.

I know if we can get more people participating practically anything will be active. But Tek Board has slowed down and its future is questionable just for that alone, not even considering it has no administrator any more. So I hope to see this one grow enough to sustain a few more sections. (And maybe an extra admin or two so things don't end up being stuck again.) The best way to grow is a few more people providing more activity.

Invitations would help, and might even be quick enough to get it moving. But longer term it's going to need new people from outside, people we don't already know. Not so much new blood, but differing outlooks and experiences, too.

I listed this board on Google and Bing. But with no special privileges (in other words, it's not being promoted or anything, only listed). That makes it one of many things that might turn up in a search engine. But even if it gets found, we'll need more activity or people will look real quick and move on. With more activity it gets found easier, and it becomes potentially more interesting to a few people, which means more activity, better search results, more interest and on and on and on. More variety helps, too, so I have no problem adding sections to handle content as long as it's not sitting dead for a long period. If that happens, I'd rather remove it completely.

Anyway, I don't want to be a dictator here except to deal with behavior. (Even there I'll probably be a little looser than you're accustomed to.) So I welcome ideas, wants, needs, whatever.
    manson

Like the direction

Post  manson on Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 5:22

Totaly agree with your post Very Happy . Just be careful not to let them young ones in with their over technical new ideas that us oldies can't understand. lol!
    JJRobinson

Re: More Sections?

Post  JJRobinson on Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 7:14

I agree with both of yall... Very Happy
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 11:22

I'm not sure what words might reveal this board in a search. I tried several routes using "message boards" and "forums". All of the results listed opportunities to open a board of my own instead of participating in an existing one. I finally found this one with a google search for new boards and it turned up a list of the various categories here - general, political, computer and info on refugees from Tek and MyWay. Someone searching for a message board might have a hard time finding this one, or any other one for that matter.  Perhaps if they searched for a specific topic they might find it here.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 11:35

Like I say, that would change a bit with more activity. I'm not so concerned abut that now since this is still so new. Even in 6 months it would be difficult to find. But if a few people do and the activity picks up, more will find it. As more find it and join it, it gets even easier.

If it gets too busy, I may close it off from public view. I fear too many users, too, like has already been stated. But I would like to have a bit more activity than Tek Board gets, plus some new faces once in awhile to k=make up for those who are lost.

I might even close it off for awhile, open it back up a couple of months or so, then close it again. That would help regulate the number of users and still open it to be found by more people to maintain it.

It's not a big deal right now. I just want it to not sit idle and become a ghost town now that it's here.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Mon 29 Aug 2016 - 13:47

How about a sports section, outdoor activities....those kind of interests....

Current date/time is Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 22:48