New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

At her finest

sinister_midget
    Admin

At her finest

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Pelosi forgets McConnell’s name in interview, asks aide – ‘whatshisname, the one who’s the head of Senate?’

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi forgot the name of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell during a Sunday interview, while explaining that recent criticism of her is sexist.

In the interview with Rolling Stone, Pelosi was asked what margin she believes she needed to win to become speaker of the House, bringing up sexism in the Republican Party.

“I think some of it is a little bit on the sexist side – although I wouldn’t normally say that. Except it’s like, really? Has anyone asked whatshisname, the one who’s the head of Senate?” Pelosi asked.

Pelosi’s aide, Jorge Aguilar, who was sitting next to her, then reminded her of the Kentucky Republicans name, “McConnell,” Aguilar said to Pelosi.

“McConnell. I mean he’s got the lowest numbers of anybody in the world,” she said. “Have you ever gone up to him and said, ‘How much longer do you think you’ll stay in this job?’ Nobody ever went up to Harry Reid and said that. Nobody ever says that to anybody except a woman. But it’s a thing.”

Pelosi has been confident in believing she will become the next speaker of the House if Democrats took back the majority in the November midterms, but has been met with opposition from her own party.

I don't know why any of them are down on her. OK, so she doesn't know who or where she is most of the time. It's not like she needs a back brace to stup up, or somebody to hold her up. Or like she needs somebody to help her up and down stairs, into a var or SUV, walk along beside her with an Epipen, etc. Or like she needs a body double to go out in public to dispel talk about her being too unhealthy to go to Wisconsin to campaign,

You guys on the left need to relax and let her help you with your *SNICKER* blue wave!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: At her finest

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:14 am

"to stup up" = "to stand up"

I don't know if that's me or spellcheck. But there have been a rash of those lately.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:51 pm