New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Do it quicly!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Do it quicly!

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:03 pm

They need to do this before that stupid amnesty bill gets to the floor.

Republicans Reportedly Planning Drastic Action Against Speaker Ryan

Iowa Congressman Steve King told reporters Friday that there is a growing movement in the Republican caucus to remove Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.).

Per TheBlaze:

King told Breitbart News that he had talked to numbers lawmakers who were increasingly dissatisfied with Ryan’s speakership.

“It’s kind of odd that he has as much power as he has,” Rep. King said on the Patriot Channel. “But I do predict, and it is happening, that that power is diminishing.”

“I also have got information that there are–I’ll say ‘members’–I say that plurally, with knowledge, that are considering introducing a motion to vacate the chair,” he added. “If they do that, that will throw this place into a tizzy and force the kind of election for a Speaker that may bring out someone who is a lot stronger on this.”

The most recent discontent came when Ryan propagated the details of an immigration compromise bill that many saw as conceding too many demands of the out-of-power Democrats.

According to King, the decision to move against Ryan was set in motion out of policy differences and the Speaker's, at least perceived, diminishing influence since he announced his retirement – not personal animus.

The "immigration" bill Ryan is pushing is disastrous. It does a short-term, limited cut to legal immigration, and it promises to think about (my characterization) spending money on a wall. But it also has provisions that would extend DACA into the permanent future, so anybody who comes across 50 years from now can claim to be a "dreamer" and get to stay. It also softens the already weak provisions on chain migration, allowing the numbers of people coming in using often phony refugee claims to increase, plus soften the requirements (that barely even exist) they need to meet to bring in their criminal relatives. It also pushes up the numbers foe H1B and H3B visas astronomically (those are used by companies to hire cheap labor from other countries to displace qualified American workers who will stay unemployed/underemployed; the cheap labor will be more loyal for a long while because they need to keep the job to bring their chain migration relatives in). The bad parts would start immediately, while the somewhat good parts are the sorts of problems Washington likes to make because they look good, but they never, ever follow through. Like with the fence that was authorized along the border over a decade ago.

To say it concedes too much to Democrats is a myth. It concedes almost everything to businesses that want cheap labor. And Ryan will make some good, permanent rich buddies to make him richer if this goes through.

The Ryan bill isn't a done deal. But there are plenty of suicidal Republicans who might vote to pass it. Unless voters call (too late to write now) and demand that it gets defeated. Pushing Ryan out of the top position might stop it. But it might not, so voices need to be heard just the same.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:57 pm