New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Yeah, we all believe you Princess

sinister_midget
    Admin

Yeah, we all believe you Princess

Post  sinister_midget on Fri May 11, 2018 11:55 am

They helped O'Barry add $10 trillion to the debt. Partly by raising taxes and spending 3 times whatever the increase got them, just like they always do.

But DemocRATs are fiscally responsible, dontcha know.

Nancy Pelosi: ‘Democrats believe you must pay as you go'

I do note it's worded "pay as YOU go" so the responsibility to not overspend isn't on them.

Democrats will lower the federal debt if they retake control of the government, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday, even as they seek to enact major infrastructure spending and other new programs while undoing the GOP tax law.

“Democrats believe you must pay as you go,” the California Democrat said at an event hosted by the fiscally conservative Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

New government investments must be offset in the budget, she said.

Pelosi steered clear of saying how Democratic initiatives, such as a new federal education and housing funding, would be paid for. She didn’t give Republicans more campaign material by pledging to raise taxes, even though she said Democrats will seek a bipartisan rewrite of the tax code that would raise revenue.

Nevertheless, she dismissed the possibility of simply adding expensive new programs to the debt, as some liberal Democrats have suggested should be a tactic to respond to GOP tax cuts.

She described the debt as a “dark cloud” hanging over future generations, and argued that it would hurt Congress’ ability to budget in the future.

Asked about one of the biggest liberal proposals, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ call for a federal jobs guarantee, Pelosi deferred judgment and said that she would like to see a cost estimate for it.

April was a record month for tax receipts. There was a surplus of income vs outgo for the month, too. (Don't worry, that will get spent and then some before October.) But the Dems want to raise taxes. Presumably because they want to spend even more than they're getting (a given).

What she's lying about is like I said above. They'll spend multiples of that as well. There's no question of that. They've been doing it as far back as I can remember, and I know history shows them doing it a long time before that. They'll just pretend it away by calling it "off budget" so it's not on the official books. Same as the other $200 trillion plus they never say anything about.

In any case, they promise that if you'll trust them to run things again, they'll make as big a mess as they did before. Bigger if possible.

Current date/time is Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 am