New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

SENIOR TRYING TO RESET PASSWORD

Psycho144

SENIOR TRYING TO RESET PASSWORD

Post  Psycho144 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:26 pm

[size=16]SENIOR TRYING TO RESET PASSWORD[/size]

WINDOWS: Please type in your new password.

USER: cabbage

[size=16]WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

[/size]
    [size=16]USER: boiled cabbage

[/size]
    [size=16]WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

USER: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces

[/size]
    [size=16]USER:  50damnboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character

[/size]
    [size=16]USER: 50DAMNEDboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

[/size]
    [size=16]USER: 50DamnBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon'tGiveMeAccessRightNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

USER: ReallyPissedOff50DamnBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessRightNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.
    [/size]
    Sunshine16

Re: SENIOR TRYING TO RESET PASSWORD

Post  Sunshine16 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:49 am

OMG...that is so true. LOL
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 am

Very Happy
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 am

True Story: Sunday I successfully changed the password on my internet service account and it worked fine the rest of the day. Yesterday (Monday) I could not gain entrance to the internet. The internet light on my modem was red instead of green. I called the trouble number they had provided me. After going through the "press this, press that" menu I was put on hold for almost an hour awaiting my turn. When someone finally answered I told her the problem and the fact that the modem red light was on. I was then put through the routine three times of unplug this, wait, restart, try again, use a paper clip to reset the modem, etc., all of which I had already tried troubleshooting prior to calling them. She then said "go to your facebook account". I told her I don't have a facebook account and could not get to it even if I did since I can't get on the internet. She really got flustered then(could hear deep sighs), told me to open my browser, then she got totally exasperated when I told her the screen message said "oops,unable to connect, no internet connection". After over an hour of this gobbledegook she finally said "I'll have to turn you over to a technician" and my reply to that isn't printable. I could hear the call being transferred and I was put on hold for another 30 minutes awaiting my turn "in the order received". When a real technician answered I told him the problem and that the red light was on. He said "oh I can fix that" and within 2 minutes the problem was fixed and I was connected. He said the red light was on because when I changed my password my account was changed but that Windstream had not updated the password on the modem.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:21 am

Lady it seems that a person is on hold no matter what the problem nowdays.
    Orders online etc.
    Drives me bannnas LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:34 am

Way back when I hooked up to cable for the first time (I have google fiber now, which is sweet), I read their literature and saw I could set it up myself. I never had, but I knew I could figure it out. So I called the customer non-service to get an appointment to get it hooked up.

Since I already had experience with stating I use linux and the confusion that would cause, when they asked about operating systems I mentioned that I had a Mac to work with (their literature said need Windows 98 or higher or a Mac to set it up). Once we got to that part it went like ths:

TWC: Do you have Windows 98 or higher?

ME:
    I have a Mac.

TWC: OK. Do you have Windows 98 or higher?

ME: No, I have a Mac.

ME: No. The literature says I can do it with a Mac. I have one of those.

ME: No, I have a Mac. Besides, I'm going to self-install.

ME: No. But if I self-install what difference does it make?

TWC: Yes, you can self-install. Do you have Windows 98 or higher?

ME: No. I'll use the Mac the literature says I can use.

TWC: Good. Do you have Windows 98 or higher?

ME: No. The pamphlet says (reading it) "Windows 98 or higher, or Mac with OS 8 or higher." I have that last one. With OS 9, so it's higher than the minimum.

ME: If the pamphlet says I can use a Mac, why would I need Windows 98?

TWC: It's required for setup. We can't guarantee it will work with anything less.

ME: But it says Mac is OK. I have that. Besides, I'm going to self-install. I take 100% responsibility if it doesn't work and there's a signal.

TWC: Yes, if you self-install you do. Do you have Windows 98 or higher?

ME: [click]

I called back later and went through pretty much the same thing. But this time I got frustrated and mentioned linux. The silence felt ominous. So I hung up.

I called again the next day and a guy answered. Before he could ask anything from his cue card, I interrupted. "I've already been through this twice and both times they were totally lost when I told them I don't have Windows 98. I have a Mac. The literature says a Mac is fine. But I'm going to self-install. Which means it makes no difference to you guys what I have or i use because I'm responsible. If I do it wrong I have to pay you even more to come hook me up than it would have cost if I let you do it in the first place. So just let me have an appointment and I'll handle the logistics after the wire is run, OK?"

He said, "Mac? That's the problem. Mac isn't mentioned on the sheet and they get confused. I told them they needed to add that, but I guess they don't get enough calls like yours to worry about fixing it. Besides, you're right. If you self-install who cares what you use?"

I said, "Actually, I'm going to use linux. But I'm doing it myself."

There was a long silence. Then he said, "Well, I don't know what that is, but that's your problem."

Exactly.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:30 pm

LOL...good stuff........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:43 am