New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

ANT REPELLANT

munchkin72gloria

ANT REPELLANT

Post  munchkin72gloria on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:32 am

It's a little early yet but already I've seen a couple of 'scouts'.
    Anyone know of a good repellant?
    Ladyelaine

Re: ANT REPELLANT

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:40 pm

The very best thing I've found that truly does work is to put out regular strength Raid Ant Baits, or for bait resistant ants - Raid Double Control Ant Baits. I put one in in any spot where I first find an ant has appeared - usually in my kitchen around the sink or under a window sill where they like to trail or around a door threshold. I obliterate every ant I see and the baits take care of those I have missed seeing. I leave the baits there until "ant season" is over" each year and I no longer see more ants anywhere. Before I place the baits I put the date of placement on the bottom with a magic marker, make a note on my calendar of the date placed and find that each year they seem to first show up at exactly the same day of the year. That enables me to buy the baits each year a week or so before I know I'm going to need them. The baits get rid of them quickly because any ant that enters the bait and manages to wobble/stagger back to their nest will take enough bait residue back with them that it will also kill those in the nest, until they are all gone. These baits are child resistant but nothing is child proof. Since it is a poison, it should not be placed at food preparation spots and hands must be washed after handling if disposable gloves are not used.
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:49 pm

thanks for the tip.
    Do you wait until spring or do you put it out now?
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

I don't normally find a sudden invasion (overnight appearance of many - usually in my kitchen sink or a trail of ants at the window sill or door threshold)) until the last part of June or early July. If I were to see one or two scouts now & not know their entry point, I would put out one trap in the location where I saw those two ants. That would likely prevent a trail of any more showing up there.
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Ladyelaine wrote:I don't normally find a sudden invasion (overnight appearance of many - usually in my kitchen sink or a trail of ants at the window sill or door threshold)) until the last part of June or early July. If I were to see one or two scouts now & not know their entry point, I would put out one trap in the location where I saw those two ants. That would likely prevent a trail of any more showing up there.

You're right. Where there is two there will be more...(eventually). thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 am