New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

scammers

Sunshine16

scammers

Post  Sunshine16 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 am

I keep getting emails saying stop sending me photos. I don't send anyone photos so I know that is baloney.  Then I get emails where they started sending me a small baby photos expecting me to click on it...just watch out for that type of emails. Delete!!!
    JJRobinson

Re: scammers

Post  JJRobinson on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 am

cheers
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:48 pm

The ones I like are the "I'm returning your call" nonsense.

I have a google voice number tied to an account that I only use every few months to make sure the number stays active. That's it. The only calls I've ever made from it have been to my own numbers. I keep it active only because I want to keep that option open.

I get a call a month, sometimes 3 or 4 a week, saying they're calling back. They always even leave a voicemail to tell  me they're returning the calls I never made. I don't even hear the ring because nobody should be calling it. I get a popup showing an incoming call that I may or may not notice, but I have notification sounds turned off on that account.

I do use google voice. I have another account with a number attached I use when I order things. Sometimes I get calls to it. It only rings on my tablet. But I don't do anything with the particular number that I keep getting the nonsense calls on.

Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am

Every day for months I've gotten messages titled "Kenneth, you have 1 friend request" - one to a half dozen such messages every day. I delete each one without reading them. I'm not, and for sure never have been, "Kenneth", whoever that may be - I've no idea.  No

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 am