New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

March

Ladyelaine

March

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 pm

The moon is 99%full and March has started off here with some of the loudest roaring winds I've ever heard outside of hurricanes and tornadoes. The day started off rather calmly but late morning I could hear them coming from the south long before they got here. Then tree tops started leaning to the north and wind rushed in with frequent gusts to 30 mph and sustained @ 17mph. One forecast said some gusts could reach 45.  I decided not to drive into town today because wind gusts that high tend to make steering of both my SUV and my truck dangerously difficult. I'm sure others with high sided vehicles experience the same hazard. Here's hoping March goes out like a lamb at the next full moon, another blue one for the month of March. This full moon will bring lows Saturday, Sunday, and Monday down to around 40 degrees on high ground, probably mid thirties here along the river valley.
    Sunshine16

Re: March

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Where are you lady? I'm an hour south of DC and they say up to 60 mile gusts coming our way. I have my hatches battened down....whatever that means. lol

I wanted to photograph the moon but with the rain on the way..that's out of the question. I do have one from 2 days ago.
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Nice moon photo. I'm in north Florida in the Suwannee River valley, Suwannee Springs area north of Live Oak.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 am