New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Weird Experiences

Ladyelaine

Weird Experiences

Post  Ladyelaine on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:40 pm

A subject almost too unusual or at least not openly discussed, maybe even too intimate for some to ponder, is something that has happened so very many times in my life that surely it must happen to other people as well.  Many times I will, for no discernible reason and totally out of the blue, think of someone I knew (in high school, met or worked with) years ago but have not had any contact with since, and then find out a few days later that they died at the exact moment that I had been thinking about them. It has also happened in the case of relatives who died in accidents that were totally unpredictable. In one of those cases, out of the blue, I experienced a momentary strange sensation as though a young nephew was breezing through the room I was in ( nothing audible or visible, just felt his presence momentarily there) - at the exact moment he died in a motorcycle accident hundreds of miles from me. I was notified the next day of his death. Same thing had happened when my late husband's sister died in 1965. When I told my husband about it he took it as a reminder that he had not called her in awhile and needed to do so. When he called he found she had just passed away.

This past Wednesday night I thought of someone whose work I admired back in 1960 but really had no reason to think of since. I read in yesterday's news that the person had died in their sleep early Thursday morning. That is why I'm wondering how common it is for others to experience events such as these.
    Psycho144

Re: Weird Experiences

Post  Psycho144 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Me mum did the same thing ye describe, she knew things also like if someone was sick. Twas a gift as I see it.

Psycho
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:07 am

Thank you, glad to know I'm not alone with such experiences. I, like your mum, "know" other things as well, some even before they happen.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 am

I'm not one, but many folks have that ability....Tho, I do sense things and the next day or so, I say that I was just thinking about them...Or, someone will call and I was just thinking about calling them....It's all mysterious... Very Happy
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 am

The closest I've ever gotten to that sort of feeling was when I'd very often feel this inexplicable eerie, panicky sense of impending doom. Then the wife would come home.

No more. I divorced her. I don't get that feeling with the one I'm married to now.

But I had an aunt that would have those sorts of things happen to her once in awhile. Like when her father died while she was in the grocery store. And my mom says she had a feeling about something to do with their sister the day their sister committed suicide. She was in another town when she told my uncle she knew something was wrong with Daisy.

Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks so very much for sharing with me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 am