New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

For those worried about the wall and immigration

sinister_midget
    Admin

For those worried about the wall and immigration

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:18 am

I use Gab as my sole social media outlet. It's unfettered open speech, except pedophilia and crimes, whatever you want to say can be said. There are tradeoffs in such a place. You'll be offended. You'll hear a lot of conspiracy and other stupid things. Language and pictures can be pretty bold (though they've added an NFSW tag and a subscriber can choose never to see those - people have been removed for consistently not using the tags when they should).

All of that stuff about Gab isn't relevant to what I'm getting at here. I only mention Gab to give a source for the sort of people I wanted to point out.

One thing I keep seeing goes like this. A person really likes Trump. Then the media says something that's not true based on leaks. That person then gets mad and says they're through with Trump. A little while later we learn that the leak was wrong, Trump did make an opening gambit for a negotiating position, and it ends up turning out exactly like Trump wanted.

For example, tax cuts. We were assured tax cuts were impossible, ever. The media said so. The Schumer/Pelosi/McCain/Collins bunch did what they could to stop it. The RINOs assured us they could never get anything meaningful through the Senate. What happened? The largest cuts in history, provisions that nobody dared to try before (very low tax rate to bring money back into the country that had been kept outside to protect it from heavy taxation), and a huge spike in economic activity and plans for even more beginning the same day it passed. We were guaranteed by the Bloomberg "experts" that the last one would never happen. Not a few days, weeks or months later, but N-E-V-E-R.

Those same people who gave up on Trump suddenly crowed about how much they liked him. Until the next day or a week later when they heard MSNBCCBSABCFOXNPRNYT say something else that wasn't true. Based on leaks and skewed claims of things that weren't said or done.

A recent one is DACA. They hate it, but they trusted Trump to back it. They've repeated the same trend (love trump-mad at Trump-hate Trump-love Trump) so many times they don't even realize they're falling into their own trap again. There are plenty of people running around claiming to be sold out. Their chant is something like (because it varies a little) "No DACA, Build the wall!" (Not noticing that the wall is part of any deal he supposedly is trying to make, and is the main reason the DemocRATs got themselves in trouble over the shutdown.) Like so many times past, they're wrong again.

This guy can explain that particular thing better than I can.

Trump's plan to scuttle DACA

This post originally was supposed to be about Katy Perry, who hates Donald Trump so much that she wrote a song against him last year. That's about as cutting edge as a butter knife.

But to understand her situation, one has to understand President Trump's plan to rid the nation of two bills that were never introduced as legislation, but which the media treats as law.

DACA and DREAMers would reward 1.8 million illegal aliens with citizenship -- despite their being here illegally.

Trump wants to end these Fake Laws, and gave Congress until March to enact legislation, or his administration would enforce the real law.

He offered a compromise. He would allow citizenship if the DACA and DREAMers kept their noses clean for 12 years. In exchange, Democrats agree to funding the wall, ending diversity visas, and curtailing the friends-and-family chain migration that allows legals to bring in illegals.

The caterwauling on the right was almost as inane as the howling on the left.

However, Monica Showalter and other sane people saw through the fog of war and understood what Trump just did.

Making DACA and DREAMers wait 12 years would greatly reduce their number.

“It makes sense because studies show that most Dreamers are underachievers, many of whom are just high school graduates, heavy welfare users, have petty crime backgrounds, and do not speak English. It’s almost a given that most won’t make it to the twelve-year finish line without getting into a bar fight, getting caught graffiti-spraying, or be picked up for drunk driving. The only ones who make it will be those with a work ethic and family values. Those actually are the ones who could become Republicans in the long run. Trump knows this. Democrats don’t. They believe their own propaganda about all DREAMers being valedictorians,” Showalter wrote.

Got that? Even if they make a deal, in the long run they don't get what they thought they were. The people they spent all of their capital on will mostly be gone, and the majority of those still here would never vote for the leftists who wasted their time anyway. Plus there's a DOJ project going on to deal with illegal voting (multiples, illegal immigrants and dead people). Meaning the "dreamers" couldn't illegally stuff ballot boxes on behalf of the Democrats, which is their entire goal for keeping the illegals around to start with. Doing so would be one of those things that gets the "dreamer" deported.

You'd think Paul RINO and Mushmouth McConnell would pay attention and learn something here. Trust me, they're busy planning to fold on items we haven't even heard about yet. Because that's the kinda people they are.

Confession: I knew it was a good deal when National Review called it "The Art of the Choke."

I also knew it was a good deal when @PolAgnostic explained it on Twitter.

"Everyone who has no experience negotiating deals summed up by 100+ pages of legalese should pay attention. You can learn the most important rule of negotiating next: If you aren't willing to walk away with NO DEAL, you've already lost," he wrote.

"Where've you heard that before? Negotiating an immigration deal falls under that rule.

"One side has multiple choices they can offer (Trump) and the other side (Dems) already have deal breaker "minimums" their radical base is demanding. (From outside of Schumer's house @ 3 AM)

"Only Trump can walk away. Trump's team goes in KNOWING what the Dems MUST HAVE for a WIN."

Now let me pause now to remind people that "The Art of the Deal" and "The Art of the Comeback" are merely Trump's riffs of "The Art of War," which goes back 2,500 years. This is basic stuff that requires stealth, patience, and discipline -- all of which are in short supply among liberals both in and out of the media.

The Tweetstorm by @PolAgnostic ended: "In September, the conventional wisdom of DC put a tax cut, much less reform, at a 0% chance of happening ... EVER ... during a Trump administration.

"EVER.

"And by Christmas --- POOF! The largest tax reform and cuts EVER.

"Stay Calm and Let President Trump worry about Making a Deal"

But the professional punditry are up in arms over this calling him a sellout, a loser, and even an artichoke.

Somehow these super-slick genius Democrats spent twice as much money as Trump did and lost the election.

But never mind all that. The pros tell us that the Democrats have Trump over the barrel.

Never mind that they said he would never be nominated and even on Election Night gave him less than a one-in-four shot at winning.

Now they write him off on DACA and DREAMers.

Which is why I turn to amateurs and bloggers for my insights. They seem to know what they are talking about.

America needs to control its borders again. I don't care if you are conservative or liberal. Open borders endangers your life.

Which brings me to Katy Perry, the singer who hates Donald Trump.

After all, he and his supporters are deplorable and xenophobic, don't you know.

But when it comes to her safety, Miss Perry is all build-the-wall.

"Pawel Jurski, who hails from Poland, was arrested in Miami last month after trying to bum-rush the stage at Katy's concert there, the Daily Mail reported.

He is infatuated by Perry and attended six of her concerts in 20 days.

"Katy's director of security told police that Jurski was the same man who climbed to the 14th floor of the Faena Hotel in Miami Beach trying to meet the superstar," the Mail reported.

The federal government started deportation proceedings.

I am glad.

My point is not that she is a hypocrite for having the man arrested and hopefully sent back to Poland.

My point is all Americans deserve the same protection from danger, not just singers who are stalked by fans.

The fear is real. The calls of xenophobia are fake. The Donald will prevail.

The people I was talking about above are both entertaining and grating. But I love rubbing their noses in it before the truth comes out by letting them know they're being had again. And once they see I was right? I leave them alone. I already gave them their wedgie in advance.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 pm