New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

munchkin72gloria

manson

munchkin72gloria

Post  manson on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 8:21

Found this about W10 upgrade.

The free Windows 10 upgrade offer is finally over, and Microsoft will stop harassing Windows 7 and 8.1 users 
    with misleading upgrade popups. But Windows 7 and 8.1 aren't done for. They're both solid operating systems 
    that Microsoft will be officially supporting for years to come. 

However apparently you can still get it for free so this article says.
    So if you're thinking of upgrading to W10 you probably need to be quick before they close this loophole and then 
    you'll have to pay.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/1/12340318/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-still-available

Re: munchkin72gloria

Post  Guest on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 14:10

Yup, do it soon or you'll be out of luck...
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 18:46

If anybody misses it or doesn't want to upgrade and and decides to later, I can sometimes get legal licenses for around $10. Sometimes a little more. Office for cheap, too.

Yes, they are 100% legal. A couple of companies sometimes advertise through one of the aggregates (Daily Steals. 1Sale.com, etc). I believe the licenses only apply to US registration, but I might be wrong since I didn't really look into it.

I bought one for my son only to find out he'd already paid way more than $100 for the same license. He had to reinstall a couple of months ago, so I had him register with the one I bought and it works fine. So now he has 2 licenses.

There are also places to download clean copies of the OS legally. But they're no good without the key needed to register.

--  Thomas Sowell

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 21:50