New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

"Very stable genius"

sinister_midget
    Admin

"Very stable genius"

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:50 pm

"Very stable genius"

Donald Trump got up this morning. For the 351st day in a row, he was president. He had meetings to attend with Republican congressmen at Camp David all day, so he decided to throw some crumbs to keep the birds on press row occupied.

He dashed out three tweets:

Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.

Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star...

to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

The press went wild.

They boiled his tweets down to three words: "very stable genius."

They mocked and jeered him all day long.

It was genius. Jujitsu. He played the force of the press against the press.

Big important scary author Stephen King scoffed at Trump.

King: "Anyone who has to call himself a genius...isn’t."

Scott Adams explained why Trump's ploy was genius.

Adams: "Who made every one of his critics pair his name with the word 'genius' for the next month?

People have been calling King a genius for years. He's the Harold Robbins of scary books. So King thinks he's an expert on genius.

Maybe he is.

But King is overlooking the genius of Donald John Trump.

On June 16, 2015, Trump decided he finally would go through with it and follow his lifelong dream of becoming president.

He knew he -- nor any other Republican -- could not defeat Hillary Clinton in a conventional campaign.

He went asymmetrical.

And this endeared his supporters in a manner no other candidate's supporters followed their candidate.

He is the rebel.

I am fortunate in that I have only seen one "Star Wars" movie, the first one and that was more than 40 years ago. But I am still struck by that undeniably American feeling of us-against-the-world.

Trump tapped into it.

The press serves as Darth Vader, the dark side of power.

In December, Trump's fortunes -- and those of the Republican Party -- changed for the good because he finally accomplished something with the Republican Congress (the tax cuts). The Alabama election forced them to hang together for if not surely they would hang separately as one Roy Moore after another, disgraced and defeated.

So they decided to hang together, passed the tax cuts, and lo and behold, they saw their fortunes rise.

I am pretty sure that tonight when they go to bed, the Republicans at Camp David will smile over the pure simplicity of Trump's tweets and the over-the-top reaction by his critics that actually made his point.

Then they will wonder what Trump will do tomorrow to top that.

He's a rebel.

It does not get any more American than that.

The most endearing part is how he makes the entire left throw fits, melt and make demands that will never be fulfilled.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:49 pm