New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Just a day after I heard this guy has recordings that prove almost everything

sinister_midget
    Admin

Just a day after I heard this guy has recordings that prove almost everything

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

The author of the explosive new Trump book says he can't be sure if parts of it are true

The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in an author's note that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.

Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.

Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others.

But some were nonetheless included in the vivid account of the West Wing's workings, in a process Wolff describes as "allowing the reader to judge" whether the sources' claims are true.

I heard today that Spicer says much of what is attributed to him was never spoken. Most of it not even close, a lot of it not even on the same subject he supposedly spoke. Others have said the same thing regarding quotes supposedly word-for-word from them.

Yesterday the "big news" was that he could prove almost all of it with recordings he possesses.

Today I heard the book was released early because all of the talk and anticipation it was causing. In light of other things I've heard I took that to mean they wanted it on sale while there was still a small chance to sell enough to at least break even. If they waited too long enough would be dismissed to have it released straight to the bargain bin next Hitlery's big hit about her cluelessness, "What the Heck Happened?"

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Just a day after I heard this guy has recordings that prove almost everything

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Reporters know Wolff's book is baloney

Fabulist Michael Wolff's book on President Trump is a bunch of baloney. The press knows this, just as a year ago they knew the Russian dossier was baloney. Urinating hookers? Come on.

But Jack Shafer of Politico blamed the victim -- President Trump -- for Wolff's book of lies.

From Shafer:

President Donald Trump could have saved himself a lot of grief if he — or one of his people — had read Michael Wolff’s 2008 book, The Man Who Owns the News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch, before permitting the writer seemingly unfettered access to the White House and his underling Steve Bannon.

But President Trump denied giving Wolff access to anything.

President Trump's denial has credibility, given the lies Wolff told, most notably that Trump did not want to win.

One lie discredits the whole volume.

There are others. Many, many others.

From Kieran Corcoran of Business Insider:

The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in the book that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.

Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.

Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others.

Since when is it OK to make stuff up about a person? But Schafer at Politico blamed Trump.

That says me a lot about the standards at Politico, but I already knew that you have to be extremely careful in believing Politico. Its credibility runs hot and cold like the faucets in the bathroom sink.

From Schafer:

Wolff appears to have mastered a journalistic skill that allows him to suck up one moment and then, when seated at the keyboard, to spit out.

This technique was fully displayed in his Murdoch book, which both accepts the media tyrant on his own terms and demolishes him (as I noted in my review). That book grew out of Wolff’s sympathetic and sometimes flattering account of Murdoch’s takeover of the Wall Street Journal in the September 2007 Vanity Fair. Perhaps confusing Wolff’s positive take with an offer of eternal supplication, Murdoch gave the writer an all-access pass to his operation. How all-access was it? In the book’s acknowledgments, Wolff wrote, “None of this would have been possible without the singular cooperation of this book’s subject, who not only was (mostly) a patient and convivial interviewee but opened every door I asked him to open.” Wolff also extended thanks to Murdoch business executives and family members for honoring the old man’s request that they cooperate.

So you have this untrustworthy creature Wolff making wild claims about the president and the press pretending what he said was gospel including Red State, Jim Acosta of CNN, and of course New York magazine, which has promoted the book with all the gusto of a Schlitz beer.

We know why.

Sloppy Steve Bannon evidently was the source of many a White House lie.

Remember, the leaks are real -- the news is fake.

And the press loves its liars.

I haven't been following all of the noise related to Bannon. But I do know a lot of people that loved him 3 days ago now hate him. On the other side, some say they think the tiff between Bannon and Trump is contrived in yet another 4D chess game Trump is playing with the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself). I don't know. At this point I don't care much either.

I will say if Trump says he refused access to this clown (Wolff), I believe him.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Just a day after I heard this guy has recordings that prove almost everything

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 pm

“From Wolff book—this is TOTALLY FALSE. I was there!
    “Distanced themselves from Trump”?! Total fabrication.” — Laura Ingraham

Like I said, probably rushed it out early before advance copies got around and the lies were exposed. This way they might be able to recover what they spent. Especially the money they wasted paying the guy to write it.

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 pm

WaPo reporter Mark Berman (mentioned in the full paragraph) says he wasn't even in the hotel at all, much less in the presence of any of these people.

This book is so much fiction even the lying press is dropping dimes on the lies.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 6:27 pm