New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Yeah, but Drumpf fed the fish wrong!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Yeah, but Drumpf fed the fish wrong!

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am

Of 12,000 interviewed, over a quarter of 18-34 year olds said they'd date a robot this isn't important. What's important is that the fish weren't fed right. (Even though Abe did the same thing Trump did, and did it first.)

Would you date a robot? More than a quarter of millennials say they would replace a human lover with a DROID

As robots become an ever increasing part of our daily lives, humans could soon find love with the machines, according to a new report.

The report suggests that over a quarter of 18-34 year-olds will feel it's normal to form friendships and even romantic relationships with robots in the future instead of humans.

And it seems that men are more likely to embrace the bots, with the report indicating that males are three times more likely to form a relationship with a robot than women.

The report was created by Paris-based Havas, and examined the future of artificial intelligence, and people's attitudes to the future of technology.

The findings were based on a survey of 12,000 people of mixed ages worldwide.

It found that in the UK, men were three times as likely to agree they could have a relationship with a robot in the future, compared to women.

And romantic relationships with bots will more common that you might think, with the report suggesting they could be taken up by as much as 27 per cent of 18-34 year olds.

As sad, sick and disconcerting as this sounds, I actually don't find it all that surprising. Scratch a third-/fourth-wave feminist and you'll find a man-hater. Especially if that man is white.

There's a movement about called MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way. These are guys living alone in vans, campers, trucks, RVs, whatever, traveling around from place-to-place. They eschew long-term relationships for a variety of reasons: divorce being too easy, men usually losing out big when breakups happen, laws being written to make men foot the lion's share of costs associated with breakup and raising kids that some men may never get to see again, the heartbreak associated with losing somebody they might want permanently that decides to take off or dump them for somebody else, situations that are constant fights and threats which sometimes even turn dangerous and deadly, etc. A whole host of things like that. Some of it is exaggerated and/or more of a problem some places than others. But the overall idea isn't that far off the mark.

These guys find women and may date them a couple of times, perhaps have sex or maybe not, have a few good times, then go somewhere else. I personally think it would be a sad existence, but some of them talk about how awesome it is. In my mind most of them are probably putting a smiley face on the truth, but no doubt for some it's great. A lot of guys (mostly in relationships or married) call these guys losers who can't get girls. That might be true in some cases. I seriously doubt a lot of them fall into that category.

My own son has flirted with the idea of MGTWO. His express reason is some of the dealings he's had with extreme leftist women. Not only feminists, either. But people who bend toward the leftist ideas of inclusiveness (which always ends up with exclusion for some), diversity (for everybody except those who are excluded, usually white males, sometimes whites in general, anybody to the right of Bernie Sanders/Karl Marx, etc), being judged and harassed under the umbrella of not being judgmental, getting grief for not having an "acceptable" opinion or idea - things like that. I think I talked him out of it by assuring him good real girls are out there, though it takes some time to locate them. At least I hope he never goes that way.

The bottom line for a lot of guys is, they have trouble dealing with the current state of society as a whole, and especially with overall interaction between men and women as it currently stands. And that's just plain sad. We made or allowed this to happen, and now they're stuck with it.

Anyway, in light of some of those things, it doesn't surprise me that a large number of younger people would consider a relationship with a robot acceptable. In fact, I get the feeling the number is actually larger, but some of the respondents didn't answer that way for the same reason some people lie to pollsters: they're concerned what the pollster will think of them if they give certain responses.

Current date/time is Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:39 am