New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Here we go again

sinister_midget
    Admin

Here we go again

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 am

Lawmakers describe pervasive sexual harassment on Capitol Hill

Efforts to combat sexual harassment on Capitol Hill gained momentum on Tuesday as female lawmakers shared stories of male colleagues engaging in predatory behavior.

Lawmakers in both parties had already expressed support for mandatory sexual harassment awareness training, which is currently voluntary for legislative branch staffers. But they went further in a House Administration Committee hearing on Capitol Hill’s harassment policies and said even more can be done in a male-dominated workplace where sexual harassment can be pervasive. 

Question for the "ladies" and ladies. How come nobody ever mentioned this before? It's known that more than $15 million in taxpayer money has been shelled out to settle claims like this. You knew it. You knew people who were doing it. Joe Biteme has been in Congress and he's one hell of a handsy guy. Ted the Red was in the Congress for decades and that guy harassed everything with a skirt. Chris Dodd harassed as many women as Ted did whenever they hung out together, and a fair number all by himself. But nobody said a thing. Until suddenly it's in vogue to be a "victim" like all of the other famous people.

Could that be it? You want to be like we commoners and you think you have to act like celebrities and play the #MeToo game to be just like the small people?

Not saying none of that has gone on. I'm sure it has. But I'm also sure some of it is blown into something bigger. And some is probably even made up.

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.), in testimony before the panel, said at least two current members of Congress have engaged in sexual harassment.

“In fact, there are two members of Congress, Republican and Democrat, right now, who serve, who have been subject to review or not have been subject to review, but have engaged in sexual harassment," said Speier, who declined to name the male lawmakers. 

OK, which two? It's easy to put it that way. If it's not true, all of the men can suspect each other because they know it isn't them. But they'll never really know who it is, and some may even start suspecting and turn against somebody innocent. But if it is true, wouldn't it be nice to let those who abhor that sort of thing know who they should keep an eye on, or let the other women know who to avoid or never be alone with?

And have they been reviewed or not? What does "have been subject to review or not have been subject to review" even really mean? (No, I don't mean the clumsy wording.) Have they or haven't they? If you know who they are, why don't you know if an anybody bothered to look into it (which is what I assume you mean)?

Don't say "Well, I don't want to announce them publicly for privacy reasons." That's what closed sessions are for. Go into one and name names.

As I said, I don't doubt some of it is true. But I suspect some of it is more of the same simultaneous "I am woman, hear me roar" and "I'm a victim, hold me up and worship and protect me" game that many in the Hollyweird world are playing.

And hearings? That whole goat rope is for show whether any of it has the slightest bit of truth or not.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Here we go again

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am

Mark Levin: ‘I’m Calling on Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan to Resign’

Tuesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Mark Levin called on House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to resign over allegations made by Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) earlier in the day.

Speier had claimed two members of Congress had engaged in sexual harassment and remain members of the body.

Levin said since these alleged incidents occurred on Ryan and McConnell’s watch, they should be held to account and resign.

“I’m calling on Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan to resign,” Levin said. “Not to be provocative or controversial, but if this sexual harassment has been going on – I’m quite serious about this – in the United States Senate, in the United States House of Representatives, and they are the leaders. The Republicans have controlled the House of Representatives since 2011. [Republicans] have controlled the Senate since 2015. And Ryan and McConnell have been around a long time, and they know, they know who is who, or they know about many of those who are who is who, they should resign. And I am quite serious about that.”

As I said, I have no doubt some of it is true. Not sure if it's most or not, but there's zero question that some is real. Just the history of the place leaves no question about that.

Who has been covering for them?

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 pm