New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

It's about time somebody showed some C. A. Jones!

sinister_midget
    Admin

It's about time somebody showed some C. A. Jones!

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Alabama GOP Threatens Retaliation for Disloyalty to Moore

Republicans in Washington may be abandoning Roy Moore by the droves. But in Alabama, the GOP has Moore's back and is threatening retribution against defectors.

The chairwoman of the Alabama Republican Party warned she's ready to enforce strict rules on party purity in the state's Senate race, even if it means kicking GOP candidates off the ballot in future elections.

"It would be a serious error for any current elected GOP official or candidate to publicly endorse another party's candidate, an independent, a third party or a write in candidate in a general election as well,” Alabama GOP Chairwoman Terry Lathan told the Alabama Political Reporter. "I have heard of no GOP elected official or candidate that is even considering this option."

A write-in is one of the only ways Republican opponents could stop Moore at this point, since it's too late to change the ballots.

Lathan did not respond to requests for comment but the threat is being taken seriously in Alabama, since party rules — as Lathan pointedly noted — can be severe.

Alabama GOP bylaws give the party "the right to deny ballot access to a candidate for public office" to any elected official who "either publicly participated in the primary election of another political party or publicly supported a nominee of another political party."

The provision applies for six years, meaning Alabama Republican officeholders who run against Moore or support a challenger could theoretically be barred from running again on the Republican ticket until 2023 — a political death sentence in deep-red Alabama.

"As long as Roy Moore is our nominee, a Republican cannot wage a write-in campaign under Alabama Republican Party rules and be on the ballot as a Republican in the future," Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., told reporters when asked if he was considering a run himself.

That's not retaliation against voters who can still choose to vote against him. It's against people running for elective office, state or federal.

In DC it's gone from a few people who are opportunists and a few who might think he should avoid the scandal to a bandwagon effect, where people who ought to know better (ahem Ted Cruz) are trying to show how "virtuous" they are by stopping support when all that exists is accusations that keep falling apart. (More on the latest follows).

Last edited by sinister_midget on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: It's about time somebody showed some C. A. Jones!

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Stepson of Roy Moore Accuser Says She’s LYING – ‘I STAND BEHIND THE JUDGE 100%’

Darrel Nelson, the stepson of Judge Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson says the allegations are all lies. Nelson says he is baffled by the timing of the sexual advancement claims and voices his staunch support for the Alabama GOP Senate candidate.

Nelson, 56, held a press conference in New York with embattled attorney Gloria Allred on Monday, alleging Judge Roy Moore sexually harassed her when she was 16 years old.

According to Beverly Young Nelson’s account reported by the Washington Examiner, “Moore offered to drive her home from work one night but instead parked in a “dark, deserted” part of a parking lot behind the restaurant where she worked. Nelson said Moore groped her and “began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head onto his crotch.”

Video credit: Darrel Nelson Facebook page

(The video won't post here. But it can be found at the link above.)

Nelson begins the video by saying “Mr. Moore, I support you. I don’t believe the acts that she claims you’ve done — I don’t believe it.”

“I’ve known the woman, she married my father many, many years ago. I’ve known her for a while now, and I truly do not believe that she’s being honest about this,” added Nelson.

“You, Mr. Moore, your wife, I apologize for whatever reasons she is doing this i am truly sorry… I stand behind you 100%!”

“To my stepmother, whatever reason you did this, I have a few questions on this. Why did you wait so long if this did happen? You said you were a teenager when it happened, but here it is now, how many years later? And all of a sudden you’re going to bring it up when we voted him into the House and you trying to get him [taken] out? I’m not going to have.”

Later, Nelson acknowledged that he knew he was going to get backlash from his family, but said clearing up the false allegation is worth the trouble.

“I don’t believe a word she says, but I do believe [Moore] is innocent.”

Nelson concludes the video by offering to issue a statement on behalf of the Moore campaign.

On Monday evening, Judge Moore vehemently denied Nelson’s accusations.

Somebody who knows her well.

In addition to more than one handwriting style on the yearbook she claims is proof, in addition to a misspelling that somebody living there would not have made at the time it is claim it was written ("Olde" vs "Old"), in addition to 2 or 3 different ink colors, which wouldn't happen if it was all writing at the same time by the same person using the same pen.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm