New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

OK, this may change things a bit

sinister_midget
    Admin

OK, this may change things a bit

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

Or not.

I haven't read the entire article yet. The beginning and some skimming, a paragraph here and a paragraph there. I still don't see anything disqualifying. But it does perhaps change the nature of the whole thing.

Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret

Roy Moore's penchant for flirting with teen girls was "common knowledge" and "not a big secret" around Gadsden, according to some area residents.

The Senate candidate has denied any wrongdoing in the wake of a report from The Washington Post in which four women accused Moore of inappropriate advances - and in one instance, a sexual encounter - toward them when they were teens and he was in his early 30s.

One of the four women claims she was 14 at the time, making her the only one whose claim would represent a legal violation. Moore has said he never met her. A fifth woman came forward this afternoon.

Moore and other Republican leaders have questioned why it took so long for his accusers, now in their 50s, to come forward publicly.

And yet people who lived in Etowah County during that time have said Moore's flirting with and dating much younger women and girls was no secret.

"These stories have been going around this town for 30 years," said Blake Usry, who grew up in the area and lives in Gadsden. "Nobody could believe they hadn't come out yet."

Usry, a traveling nurse, said he knew several of the girls that Moore tried to flirt with.

"It's not a big secret in this town about Roy Moore," he said. "That's why it's sort of frustrating to watch" the public disbelieve the women who have come forward, he said.

Colleagues and others who knew Moore told the Washington Post that he often walked alone around the Gadsden Mall.

The mall opened to great fanfare in 1974, anchored by department stores like Pizitz, Belk Hudson and Sears. It had a movie theater, lounge, drug store and restaurants including Morrison's Cafeteria.

It soon became a popular local hangout, especially for teenagers.

Wendy Miller told The Post that she was 14 and working as Santa's helper at the Gadsden Mall in 1977 when Moore first spoke with her and told her she looked pretty. Two years later, when she was 16, he asked her out on dates, although her mother wouldn't let her go.

Usry, who was a teenager at the time, remembers seeing Moore at the mall often.

"He would go and flirt with all the young girls," he said. "It'd seem like every Friday or Saturday night (you'd see him) walking around the mall, like the kids did."

Jason Nelms, who now lives in Tennessee but grew up in nearby Southside, was a regular at the mall when he was a teenager. 

He recalled being told by a mall employee that they kept watch for an older guy who was known to pick up younger girls.

Nelms said he was told later by a concession worker at the mall that it was Roy Moore.

Greg Legat worked at the Record Bar, a music store near Sears in the mall, from 1981-1985. The store was just down from the back entrance of the mall, near the three-screen Mall Theatre. It was a popular place for parents dropping off their teens in the evenings and on weekends.

Legat, now 59, said an off-duty Gadsden police officer named J.D. Thomas told him about various people he should look out for when he was working. This was around 1981, and Thomas worked security at the mall. 

One of the people was a pickpocket, he said, while another was someone prone to pick fights.

One was Roy Moore.

"I asked him, 'What did he do?'" Legat recalled. "He said, 'If you see him, let me know. I'll take care of it.'"

Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

On Monday, Beverly Young Nelson became the fifth accuser to come forward against Moore. During a press conference, she said she was a 16-year-old waitress at the Old Hickory House restaurant in Gadsden when Moore sexually assaulted her in his car. He was in his early 30s at the time, she said, and the district attorney of Etowah County.

Another former waitress, Victoria Beverstock, told AL.com today that she was 20 years old and working at The Poor House restaurant in 1992 when Moore came in a few times a week to eat and do paperwork.

She said he made her and the other waitresses uncomfortable by staring at them and flirting.

"He watched us girls quite openly," said Beverstock. "His eyes crawled over our shirts and our backsides. He was so open about it that I would try and handle his order as quickly as possible.

"When you didn't smile and flirt back with him, give him an opening, he became rude and demanding," she said.

Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took to Twitter on Friday to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

She later told CNN that Moore often went to local high school events and other hangouts: "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."

The gist of it seems to be that some might see him as a hypocrite. Possibly a religious one. Which he just may be if this is all true. In this account I tend to believe it more than coming from some yellow-journalist rag like BezosPo, or from Gloria Is-All-Red. But I'm still not 100% on board. Which I'll get to.

He told one girl she was pretty when she was 14. Not a crime. He wanted to date her when she was 16. In Alabama that was and is legal. Her family said no. This is probably the one we heard about before that didn't date him because the family squelched it.

All of the rest appear to be adults, or at least legal. (Unless I missed one somewhere in that.)

There are implications that he may have been creepy. Nothing really solid, just hints at it. Like a cop supposedly saying "you see him, let me know." What does that even mean? Sounds bad. But without more context it also sounds like something that could have been added to create an appearance of something wrong, even though it was maybe nothing. It's not a crime to be creepy. Voters might not like that, but that's on the voters. Some elected Biden how many times. Have you ever seen him dealing with young girls? There are videos and camera shots if you really want to see creepy.

I don't see anywhere that he did anything legally wrong. That's the big key for whether or not he's qualified.

But I do see things that open up whether or not he's morally fit. And that's still a matter for the voters in Alabama to decide.

It's not Mitch McConnell's place. It's not John McCain's place. It's not Jeff Flake's place. Those people and others can suggest he get out all they want and that's OK. They can talk all of the outrage they want. That's fine, too. But they have no business threatening to not seat him if he wins the election. (And they should, like in the case of McCain, make sure they aren't being hypocrites while they feign outrage.) They can keep their distance from him, refuse to associate with him or whatever. But if voters look at those things and decide to send him, that's their business.

At least, that's how they've run that place in the past. Ted Kennedy wasn't refused a seat. Robert Byrd wasn't told he was disqualified because of being KKK. In fact, both of those people were treated like celebrity heroes. There have been all sorts of people who were convicted of crimes who were still in the House and Senate. Some of them elected after they were convicted. I don't remember anybody ever being told they wouldn't be seated because of it.

All of that said, there's still some concerns on my part about all of this that still aren't addressed:

• That site, al.com, is full of anti-Moore stuff. Is this just another hit piece?
    • There's the open question of why it took 40 years for this to surface. Above it was called "common knowledge" about him, but nobody saw fit to mention it even once in 40 years?
    • What about the supposed recordings of the BezosPo "reporter" offering to pay for certain things to be said? Is that moot if he dated, or tried to date, a number of girls much younger than he?
    • Is the one girl's mother lying about the daughter lying? Does her character matter, or is it only his?
    • Why should somebody be chased off by allegations? Shouldn't it take proof of something? Do we really want to go down the road (again) that allegations without evidence is enough to ruin somebody?

They're putting a lot of pressure on this guy to quit. They might succeed. I'd rather see unquestionable proof before that happens, though, or the next guy they don't like will be that much easier to scare away, whether he ever did anything wrong or not.

That's my only real interest in this. (Other than liking to see more people in office that aren't part of the problem of the permanent politician class.) I don't like or dislike Roy Moore. But I loathe anybody else who openly plays games to try rigging an election just because they don't like the guy, or because they don't like a guy who backs the guy (as in McConnell's case). I'm particularly angry that some people are willing to destroy the only pseudo-right party we have simply because their feelings have been hurt by one (Bannon) or another (Trump) person.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: OK, this may change things a bit

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Speaking of creepy.

Former Joe Biden Secret Service Agent: We Had to Protect Women From Him, ‘Weinstein Level Stuff’

A former Secret Service agent assigned to the Vice President Joe Biden residence claims that the Service often had to protect female agents from him.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the agent asserted that,  “We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s asses.” The annual party was for agents and Navy personnel who were tasked with protecting the Biden family.

“He would mess with every single woman or teen. It was horrible,” the agent said.

According to the source, a Secret Service agent once got suspended for a week in 2009 for shoving Biden after he cupped his girlfriend’s breast while the couple was taking a photo with him. The situation got so heated, the source tells Big League, that others had to step in to prevent the agent from hitting the then-Vice President.

Additionally, the agent claims that Biden would walk around the VP residence naked at night. “I mean, Stark naked… Weinstein level stuff,” he added.

He said that the men on duty would frequently stand in front of female agents and Navy women that were present “like a damn guardian.” On some occasions, they would make up reasons to get the women away from where he was.

The agent said he was specifically concerned about women in the Navy.

“They weren’t allowed to disobey him at all, but we’d take them away under pretend auspices,” the agent stated.

But Roy Moore may or may not have asked a 16-year-old for a date when he was 30.

A long one, but several instances. Including at least one where the girl cringes and tries to get away. Parents should be murdered for not putting a stop to some of it.

Roy Moore is the devil for things that may not have even happened 40 years ago. With girls who were of legal age. Except possibly one who offers a yearbook that is clearly faked (2 different colors of ink, 2 or 3 different styles of handwriting, the spelling of a restaurant is all wrong, Gloria All-Red as her victim-chaser attorney, etc) as evidence.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Why don't the pervy pasts of Joe Biden and Bob Menendez get the same scrutiny as Roy Moore's?

Good question. Because they don't threaten the swamp, perhaps?

Republican Roy Moore is on the hot seat for alleged bad behavior around women and girls some 40 years ago.  Why aren't Democrats Joe Biden and Bob Menendez as well?

Former vice president Biden, recall, has a long history of groping women, touching them inappropriately in public, making them obviously uncomfortable, as some of these photos show.

Biden is in line as a top Democratic Party contender for the presidency, and nobody's saying a thing about this.

Substantially worse than Biden is Democratic senator Bob Menendez, now on trial in New Jersey for corruption.  He's been accused of having a penchant for underage prostitutes by a Dominican prostitute, who made the claims based on what she said was close proximity to the action in 2013.

According to the Daily Mail:

A shocking email posted online yesterday claims that under fire New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez had a  predilection for young and inexperienced prostitutes and may have slept with a minor.

Allegedly written by a young Dominican prostitute and published by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethic in Washington (Crew), the email claims that Menendez 'likes the youngest and newest girls'.

Menendez has been accused of taking numerous trips with his corruption-mired buddies to the Dominican Republic for just such exploitation tourism, according to the Daily Mail.

Sure, it's just accusations.  So are the allegations against Moore, who is being called on by both parties to resign and never be heard from again.

But Menendez is on trial for corruption, and all the focus is on the potential loss of a Democratic seat in the Senate, not the accusations of perversion with kids.

There are no calls from Democrats demanding that Menendez relinquish his seat over his pervy practices with underage girls, which he denies.  Roy Moore's in a similar situation and encountering quite a different outcry from these same Democrats, whose potential loss of a seat for the Republicans doesn't quite upset them as much.

Both Menendez and Biden are Democrats.  Each of them either is on the cusp of winning power or already has it.  Both stand to be useful to the Democrats.

And that's why their sexual transgressions, disgusting in so many ways, and certainly in the arena of the current hysteria, are drawing no calls to resign, as in the case of Roy Moore.

Can you say "double standard"?

Lindsey Grahamnesty, who has called for Moore to pull drop out (at the behest of her husband John), was a character witness for Menendez, where he called him "honest" and "trustworthy."

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Here's somebody who was 39 at the time this was taken, along with the girl he was dating who was 17 at that time.

Remember all of the outrage? Me neither.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm