New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 am

I don't know if they're behind starting it. But they're clearly behind pushing it.

McConnell, Murkowski and McCain. That's predictable. As will be Collins, Flake, Alexander, probably Cornyn, maybe Rubio.

Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore is the latest famous guy to be accused of sexual assault.  The Washington Post reported that Moore initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl, at a time when Moore was 32 years old.

Is this a hit piece to derail his candidacy, or is he truly a bad guy?  The story will play out over the next few days, making the answer clearer.  What's suspicious is the timing.

With choreography on par with Olympic synchronized swimming or figure skating, members of the GOP establishment are dancing in unison.  Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers would be jealous.

Hours after the Washington Post piece went viral, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell joined the dance, calling for Moore to withdraw from the Alabama Senate race "if these allegations are true."  No pause.  No circumspection.  No waiting until the facts are in before rushing to judgment.

It's reminiscent of President Obama immediately concluding that the Cambridge police acted "stupidly" after the Henry Gates incident or jumping on the "hands up, don't shoot" bandwagon before the facts were known.

McConnell's dance partner, Senator John McCain, was quick to the microphone, not even considering whether the allegations against Roy Moore were true,saying, "The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying.  He should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of."

It is just like when senators also wanted Clarence Thomas to step aside based on disturbing allegations that could not be substantiated.

Senator McCain, judge, jury and executioner.  He and McConnell are moving faster on this than they ever have on a piece of legislation.  Too bad they couldn't move even half as quickly on tax cuts or Obamacare repeal.

Amen to that!

Other senators piled on, echoing McConnell's view that Moore should step down if the allegations are true.  NeverTrump National Review's David French jumped in as well, cautioning, "Conservatives, be careful.  Don't dismiss the claims."

Such coordination and synchrony.  It's almost as if this was planned ahead of time, with all the key players given advanced notice so they would have their statements ready to go within hours of the story breaking.  It's been faster than the condemnation of Harvey Weinstein.  Or Anthony Weiner.

What could be the motivation?  Moore was not the nominee of choice of the GOP establishment.  Instead, McConnell and the establishment favored his primary opponent, Senator Luther Strange.  Voters felt otherwise, sending the establishment candidate packing.

That's what voters did to Representative Eric Cantor, too, a few years ago – and now, at least through polls, to Senators Jeff Flake and Bob Corker.  These are the same voters who elected Donald Trump over establishment darlings Jeb Bush and John Kasich.

What good is Senator McConnell as majority leader if he can't keep his donors and lobbyists happy?  What if he allows the voters to gain the upper hand over the NeverTrump crowd, who claim to know better than the voters?

It's bad enough that Trump was elected, and that he remains in office despite the going-nowhere Russian collusion hoax that was meant to cripple his presidency – a hoax John McCain interestingly played a part in facilitating.

McConnell clearly doesn't want Roy Moore in the Senate.  Is it a stretch to believe that McConnell, or someone on his behalf, hired an opposition research firm to dig up dirt on Moore?  Just as the GOP establishment hired Fusion GPSto look for scandal on then-candidate Donald Trump?

So what if it throws the Alabama Senate seat election into chaos?  The GOP establishment would rather lose the seat to a Democrat than see it won by an anti-establishment candidate, even if of their own party.  It's the same reason so many of them opposed Trump – and do to this day.

Some, like George H.W. Bush, actually, voted for Hillary Clinton instead.  With such hatred toward Trump and what he represents, and his supporters and voters, it makes perfect sense that the Republican establishment would eagerly destroy Roy Moore before he could ever get to the U.S. Senate.

If Moore is guilty as charged, then he should slink off and disappear.  But give the man his due, and don't pronounce him guilty based on a Washington Post story.  After all, how many of their previous stories turned out to be false?  Plenty.

But the speed and choreography of the responses from McConnell, McCain, and other NeverTrumps within hours of the story's release suggest that this was a planned and coordinated attack.  Too bad the Senate can't approach legislation with the same alacrity and enthusiasm.

The upside is, I was listening to the radio yesterday and a number of people in Alabama said what they're seeing is more determination to get Moore elected among the people they talk to.

Another upside, not to this case but to everything, is the GOPe people are seeing their own personal destruction. McCain spent years playing hero, and now he's loathed by the same people he had fooled. McConnell sounded strong when it didn't matter, and has lost all credibility because he had to put up or shut up and crashed. Most of the RINOs who pretend to be conservative at election time have been outed, not by their enemies but by their own actions.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Re: Is the GOP establishment behind the Roy Moore hit?

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:52 am

Timing is everything in politics. I've not formed an opinion concerning Roy Moore. Being guilty and being accused are two different things, and yet another - being innocent but convicted in a court of law happens all too frequently, particularly in Alabama where Moore was a judge.  As squalid as Alabama politics have always been, I am sure there is a whole lot more behind the accusations than meets the eye at present time.

Aside from that, I believed Anita Hill then and I still believe she spoke the truth.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Just found this. Literally saw it just 30 seconds ago. Not saying it's true, but it's out there. It was also said where I found it that the woman's husband is a military vet. But that was separate and even harder to check out.

My only problem is, why now? Why not during the primary? Why not when he was running for other things? Why not back sometime - any time - when he was already in a position of influence or working on getting into one? Why just days before a vote?

No idea if it's true. But without proof all of the RINOs demanding he get out are idiots. If it isn't true, this makes life worse for actual victims being believed, which is an even bigger crime than trying to tar somebody with lies in my book.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Just found that myself. It is on YouTube and Alex Jones Radio Show (infowars.radio.net) It names the reporter along with a lot of info on the reporter and claims she is a great admirer of Hillary Clinton.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Additional Info: PBS had a news hour segment on this subject last night,11/9/17. There is audio available there along with a full written transcript with comments including those of Judy Woodruff and the reporter, Beth Reinhart, who gives her rendition of how she pursued rumors until she got the results that were published in the column.

https://www.pbs.org/...report-that-ray-moore-had-sexual-contact-with-a-teen-raises-questions-about-his-senate-run

I see that page comes up blank or is considered outdated, strange - it worked a few minutes ago. Anyway, should be findable by searching for it.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm

I listen to Alex Jones he tells the truth if it's out there.
    Infowars U-Tube

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I just went to Judge Moore's website and offered my encouragement. I said a lot of people don't believe the allegations are true because it: a) took so many years for them to surface without even a prior whisper of any of it; and, b) the timing just before a vote is typical Democrat smear tactic. (I didn't say that in so many words, but that was the gist.) I also told him ignore the polls, ignore the RINOs and ignore the DC press. (Also not in so many words.)

I can't change anything. I can't vote for him (unless I register as Democrat or dead, in which case I could probably vote absentee, or drive down there and vote multiple times). But I wanted to let him know that even common, ordinary outsiders want to see him be successful.

Unless the claims turn out to be true. But I'm pretty confident they're not.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

MARK LEVIN Exposes WaPo Hit Piece on Judge Moore As Complete Fabrication

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm

The title is incorrect, as is the opening paragraph. What Levin did wasn't to expose it as a hit piece. What he did was to apply logic to the situation to show it's a probable hit piece. Any exposure was one based on logic, not hard evidence.

MARK LEVIN Exposes WaPo Hit Piece on Judge Moore As Complete Fabrication

Conservative author and radio host Mark Levin totally exposed the Washington Post hit piece today on Judge Roy Moore as a complete manufactured lie.

Mark Levin told his audience on Thursday this whole thing doesn’t smell right. This story was planted and perfectly timed in their hopes to doom Moore’s campaign.

According to the Washington Post:

While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one another.

Mark asked his audience: How did the WaPo know there were four women, who they were, and how to contact them?… A Washington Post reporter just happens to be in Alabama talking to Roy Moore supporters… And he happens to hear what no one has reported in 38 years, no political opponents – No one… That Roy Moore, 38 years ago, made advances to teenage girls. Four of them. Now, the four girls do not know each other, they have never met. Yet the person who the Post reporter happened to run into and speak to, the person who supposedly told the reporter the story about the four girls, happened to know all four girls and how to contact them?

Seriously?

The Post was fed this information by someone or some group.

Also, Mitch McConnell is asking Roy Moore to step aside if he is guilty of the accusations against him. But McConnell says NOTHING about Bob Menendez a sitting U.S. Senator who is on trial for corruption charges and lewd behavior with minors? Why is it that Republicans don’t demand his resignation? Isn’t it amazing that Republicans knew what to say right on cue? They are ready to recruit Luther Strange as a write-in guy.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:13 am

Alabama ABC Affiliate Can’t Find One Voter Who Believes WaPo Report About Roy Moore in Man-on-the-Street Segment

During a segment that aired on Friday’s broadcast of Birmingham, AL ABC affiliate WBMA 33/40’s 5 p.m. local news, political reporter Lauren Walsh sought out voters in Columbiana, AL to gauge their reactions to the Washington Post report that alleged Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Roy Moore engaged in inappropriate conduct with four teenage girls more than 34 years ago.

None of the respondents according to Walsh told her they believed the Post’s reporting.

“It’s hard to believe the events that transpired yesterday,” Gordon Fluker of nearby Wilsonville, AL said to Walsh about the Washington Post report.

Fluker’s response was the standard according to Walsh.

“Out of all the voters we spoke with Friday in Columbiana, we didn’t find one voter who believed the Washington Post report about Moore,” she said.

Columbiana is the county seat of Shelby County, a county that is the home to many of Birmingham’s southern suburbs. The county is very Republican, and in last year’s presidential election, it went for Donald Trump by a 72-23 percent margin.

In the GOP primary and the subsequent runoff for next month’s special election won by Moore, Shelby County went for his opponent Luther Strange in both instances.

Which explains why they went there looking for damaging opinions about what appears to be an obvious DemocRAT October Surprise effort to swing the election. They wanted to validate the claims by finding people who believe them whether they're true or not.

Strange defeated Moore by nine points in the GOP primary held in August. In the runoff a month later, Strange topped Moore by a 55-45 margin.

Moore faces Democrat candidate Doug Jones on December 12 for the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by Jeff Sessions.

Meanwhile, one of the accusers, the one who worked for Biteme and was a huge Hitlery backer and backed the Democrat in the race bigly, has scrubbed her Farcebook page to take all of that down so nobody thinks she might be politically-motivated. Which is probably exactly what she is.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 am

John McCain-Graham says Moore should get out to let Alabama voters elect somebody they can "be proud of." At this stage that would be the DemocRAT. Did he qualify that with "if true" or anything similar? No. He said simply drop out because the allegations were made.

Well, does anybody recall Lindsey's boyfriend dropping out when this came up?

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Multiple Standing Ovations for Judge Roy Moore as He Hammers Washington Post Smears at Veterans Day Event

Judge Roy Moore, the GOP nominee for the U.S. Senate here in Alabama, received a standing ovation from veterans and Republican supporters here at a public library at his first public event since the Washington Post smeared him earlier this week.

Moore’s condemnation of the Post came towards the end of a nearly 30-minute rousing speech honoring veterans and standing up for the principles of the United States just outside Birmingham here on Saturday morning.

“Now I want to address something that some people have come here to hear about,” Moore said in front 50 or so supporters, turning his attention to the giant pack of media who came to Alabama to report on this. “Shortly after becoming the Republican nominee for the United States Senate, the Washington Post began an attack on the Foundation for Moral Law, on my wife, and on me. For weeks, we read about my salary which they distorted, about taxes where they said we were paid money we never got. But we endured that.”

“Later, they came out and endorsed my opponent in this race,” he continued. “Just two days ago, the Washington Post published yet another attack on my character and reputation in a desperate attempt to stop my political campaign for the United States Senate. These attacks about a minor are completely false and untrue about something that happened nearly 40 years ago. But more than being completely false and untrue, they are very hurtful to me personally.”

“I’ve been married to my wife Kayla for nearly 33 years. We have four children. I have one daughter, and I have five granddaughters. I have the highest regard for the protection of young children,” Moore explained. “When I returned to Gadsen 40 years ago after military service, I went to work for the office of the District Attorney. As a student of the law, I have served in public office off and on for the last 40 years. To be attacked for allegations of sexual misconduct contradicts my entire career in law.”

“I wanted to make it clear to the media present and the people present, I have not provided alcoholic beverages—beer or anything else—to a minor. I have not been guilty of sexual misconduct with anyone,” he declared. “These allegations came only four and a half weeks before the general election on Dec. 12. Why now?”

“For forty years I have been closely scrutinized in the press and the public media. I have had investigations by the attorney general, I’ve had investigations by the judicial inquiry commission on more than one occasion, I’ve had investigations by the court of the judiciary, I’ve been in five statewide campaigns in which they do opposition research—they do investigations, as you can see in every one I’ve ever run—and three county elections and two major controversies over religious liberty and the Ten Commandments and same-sex marriage,” he continued. “I’ve been investigated more than any other person in this country. That grown women would wait forty years to come right before an election to bring charges is absolutely unbelievable.”

At that point, the crowd in attendance rose, giving Moore a standing ovation.

“The Democrats, and the Republican establishment, know the importance of this election,” Moore continued. “In fact, most people in America know the importance of this election. They view it as a prelude to the elections coming in 2018. It may very well determine the future of our country.”

“My opponent is 11 points behind—that came out just days before this article. They’re desperate. This article is a prime example of fake news, an attempt to divert attention from the true issues that face our country like healthcare, military readiness, tax reform, immigration, and the national debt,” he said. “We do not intend to let the Democrats or the establishment Republicans or anybody else behind this story stop this campaign. There are investigations going on. In the next few days, there will be revelations about the motivations and the content of this article. They will be brought to the public. We fully expect the people of Alabama to see through this charade and to vote in the [election] coming up.”

“As Mr. Armistead said, we do not engage in negative campaigning. We haven’t, and I’ve been blistered with articles and attacks the last two to three months and on television,” Moore stated. “I do not expect the Washington Post to stop. I think they have a political agenda. And I think they are running that agenda, and everybody in this room and every person watching on these cameras should ask themselves that isn’t it strange that after 40 years of constant investigation these people have waited until four weeks prior to the general election to bring their complaints? It’s not a coincidence. It’s an intentional act to stop my campaign. May God bless you, the state of Alabama, and the United States of America.”

The crowd rose to give Judge Moore a second standing ovation as he wrapped his speech. This story focused on Judge Moore’s comments on the allegations. More to come on the actual content of his speech about Veterans Day, including his time in Vietnam.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Mother of Roy Moore Accuser Contradicts Key Detail of Daughter’s Sexual Misconduct Story

The mother of Leigh Corfman, who says that Alabama Senatorial Candidate Roy Moore tried to engage in a sexual encounter with her when she was 14, has contradicted a key detail of Corfman’s story.

Speaking by phone to Breitbart News on Saturday, Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71, says that her daughter did not have a phone in her bedroom during the period that Moore is reported to have allegedly called Corfman – purportedly on Corfman’s bedroom phone – to arrange at least one encounter.

Moore strongly denies Corfman’s claims.

The Washington Post, which first published its newsmaking, on-the-record interview with Corfman last week, cited Corfman as remembering that she provided Moore with her number when she was 14. She said that she spoke to Moore from what she described as the phone in her bedroom.

Citing Corfman, the Post reported:

After her mother went into the courtroom, Corfman says, Moore asked her where she went to school, what she liked to do and whether he could call her sometime. She remembers giving him her number and says he called not long after. She says she talked to Moore on her phone in her bedroom, and they made plans for him to pick her up at Alcott Road and Riley Street, around the corner from her house.

Soon after, Corfman said, he called again, and picked her up again at the same spot.

Later on, Corfman described a third phone call:

She says that after their last encounter, Moore called again, but that she found an excuse to avoid seeing him. She says that at some point during or soon after her meetings with Moore, she told two friends in vague terms that she was seeing an older man.

Corfman clearly claimed she spoke to Moore on what she said was “her phone in her bedroom” on at least one of those occasions. The Post did not specify whether the second or third alleged calls purportedly took place on a bedroom phone.

Wells, Corfman’s mother, was asked by Breitbart News: “Back then did she have her own phone in her room or something?”

“No,” she replied matter-of-factly. “But the phone in the house could get through to her easily.”

The Post story relies heavily on Corfman’s memory and her ability to recount events consistently.

The newspaper reported that “Corfman described her story consistently in six interviews with The Post.”

The Post story uses the word “remembers” 10 times when quoting or paraphrasing Corfman.

If you do enough drugs, or if you get paid enough money to lie, you can "remember" a lot of things that aren't true.

At least one of the accusers was offered money. One place (Squawker) says plural: "accusers" offered money to make accusations.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm