New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Keep the insanity alive!

sinister_midget
    Admin

Keep the insanity alive!

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Dems see control of Congress in reach after Tuesday’s elections

Democratic leaders in Congress said Tuesday’s massive victories for their party were a rejection of President Trump and predicted a wave election next year that could even switch control of the U.S. House.

“The door is certainly open for us,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, told reporters as she took stock of Democratic wins at the top in New Jersey and Virginia, and in down-ballot races across the country.

Let's see. They lost special elections in Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Montana, South Carolina and Utah. Each one of those was going to prove the country hates Trump. and the Republicans are going down. Most or all of those were federal.

They won blue New Jersey and purple/leaning-blue Virginia. Most of those were seats they already had. Only the one in New Jersey changed hands. Now this is supposed to be proof the Republicans are goners next year. As far as I know, all of those were state elections.

There weren't any down-ballot races "across the country" unless it was mayoral or somesuch that are mostly held by liberals to start with. That's it in 2017.

The truth is Republicans could lose control of one or both houses next year (I doubt it, but can't rule it out). But if they do, it will be because they haven't been doing their jobs, not because the US suddenly thinks hardcore leftists would be better. What I think (hope) will happen is GOPe gets the boot, primaried by strong conservative replacements who win.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm