New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

So, Schumer didn't like his own program?

sinister_midget
    Admin

So, Schumer didn't like his own program?

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am

Schumer on Diversity Visa: ‘This is an Excellent Program’

Sen. Chuck Schumer’s long record of enthusiastic support for his diversity visa program is making it difficult for him to escape partial blame for the October 31 truck attack by a diversity-visa recipient who killed eight cyclists in Manhattan.

On May 24, 2006, for example, Schumer gave a floor speech in the Senate celebrating the diversity visa program:

This is an excellent program. Nobody has said it has done a bad job. It is small. There are only about 50,000 visas a year. It is really based on the idea of new seed … So I plead with my colleagues, keep the diversity visa program …

As I ride my bike around New York City on the weekends, I see what immigrants do for America. This program has dramatically helped. Neighborhoods such as Woodlawn and Greenpoint have been revitalized by new Irish and Polish immigrants. Neighborhoods such as East Flatbush and Harlem have been revitalized by West African immigrants. We don’t have to stop this program.

Schumer ally GOP Rep. Jeff Flake tweeted a defense of Schumer and his diversity visa, one day after a Muslim lottery winner allegedly killed eight American cyclists in New York:

Actually, the Gang of 8, including @SenSchumer, did away with the Diversity Visa Program as part of broader reforms. I know, I was there https://t.co/QQFJzPyRzC

— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) November 1, 2017

Both Flake and Schumer were members of the 2013 “Gang of Eight” which drafted a huge immigration-expansion bill. The 2013 bill effectively replaced the annual inflow of 50,000 diversity immigrants by adding new routes for an extra 2 million legal immigrants per year. That huge increase would have boosted the expected number of legal immigrants up to 30 million during the subsequent decade.

So there you go! The Flake flake was right: Chuck YOU wanted to end the lottery that he helped create in 1990. I was also right: he wanted to get rid of it to make it worse.

I was also right on another thing: the "Gang of Eight" is little more than a ruse pretending to have "moderates" who are nothing more than leftist's in sheep's clothing.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: So, Schumer didn't like his own program?

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

You want diversity, Chuckie? Try this on for size.

Christians in the middle east being slaughtered. Whites in South Africa being slaughtered. But we're worried we aren't brining enough people to this country who are bent on murdering us?

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 pm