New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

North Korea's attempt at humor: TV show mocks Obama

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Who says North Korea doesn't have a sense of humor? Well, sort of.

Its version of Saturday Night Live mocked President Obama in a recent TV sketch that boasted about the communist country's prowess as a nuclear threat.

“Are you all right Mr. President?” the North Korean playing a White House aide said to the other actor whose head is wrapped with a bloody bandage, NK News reported.

“I smacked my head on the bathroom floor and broke four tiles on it,” the president answered, “as I was so shocked from the North’s hydrogen bomb detonation!”

“So Mr. President, you were testing the hardness of your skull while the North was testing its hydrogen bomb? ” the aide joked, according to NK News.

The 80-minute comedy show's title roughly translates as “The stage of optimism that Songun (military-first policy) presented — Volume 11.” The skit was televised Sept. 1, according to a South Korean government database.

In real life, North Korea claimed it conducted its first test of a powerful hydrogen bomb in January, but the United States and other countries doubted that blast was strong enough to be a hydrogen bomb.

On Friday, North Korea announced it successfully conducted a "higher level" test of a nuclear weapon, its fifth since 2006. The test drew condemnation from the United States, South Korea, China and Japan.

North Korea said its goal is to deter an attack from the United States by developing a nuclear weapon on a long-range missile that could reach U.S. territory.

President Obama vowed new sanctions "to demonstrate to North Korea that there are consequences to its unlawful and dangerous actions."

Ooh I know that scared 'em! Look what sanctions against Iran did - it brought us to our knees! And Saddam was in deep doodoo because of them, too, even with the massive help of the great international power of France doing shady deals behind the backs of the UN and NATO.

And if Lil Kim doesn't take him seriously? He'll probably resort to sending John Kerry over there, a guy who served in Viet Nam after all!

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:36 pm