New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Ford Is Moving All US Small Car Production To Mexico

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Because they can.

If you want a car or truck genuinely made in the US, I suggest a Toyota. I own a 2007 Tundra. A guy I worked with was going to rub my nose in it for not supporting US workers like his Dodge truck did that he'd just bought a few days earlier. But what he found was Toyota had more parts made in the US than any other brand. I found my particular one was made in Montana, and the parts used were 85% US-manufactured.

The bottom line is, if you want to support US workers, buy Toyota. But if you can't make yourself do that, at least stay away from GM.
    JJRobinson

Re: Ford Is Moving All US Small Car Production To Mexico

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:26 am

I gotta 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel...I think it is all USA...but I am not possitive....It is paid for and still runs great...
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:42 am

It wouldn't have been 100%. No manufacturer has had that kind of content since the early 90s. But it would be a lot more in 2002 than it was in 2011 when he bought his Dodge. At that time it was around 75-80% US-made. Ford was around the same amount.

GM was less, between 60-65%. And I promise it's gone down even more since. When I found that out we owned our last GM, a 2004 Malibu that was still running strong until earlier this year when it was wrecked. I don't know what the content was in in that model year, but it was definitely higher. Especially since that was before Barry Hussein took GM away from private hands and gave control to the union. You know, the union, those people who "care" about workers so much that they'd rather make their jobs go away completely than make compromises to keep the businesses they work in solvent. Like, say, GM before Emperor Hussein took control and gave it away to the people who were making it insolvent. Or IBD Bakeries (the people who used to make Hostess) that went out of business a few years ago here (Hostess is now made in Mexico, and most of those out of work union people here never found decent jobs after it shut down).
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:42 pm

I have a 97 jeep cherokee 113,000 miles made in Canada methinks LOL
    Runs like a clock and looks pretty bad in ways but has never let me down.
    I take care of the mechanics not the looks. Never had any oil in it but Mobile One, and still don't use a drop.

Psycho
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Not surprised by the news....

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:53 pm