New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

National Boycott

Psycho144

National Boycott

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 am

“People are now calling for a complete National Boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, which is Veteran’s Day Weekend. They are also calling for a boycott of all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

There are plenty of ways, times and places to protest concerning one’s chosen cause, but to do so during the brief special time set aside to honor our nation’s flag and the bravery and lives of our nation’s military heroes, is inappropriate and disrespectful.  I am offended by the owners and players who selfishly display their views during this solemn time.

Of course black lives matter, but so do the precious lives of millions of US soldiers (of all races) who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend and protect our nation’s rights and freedoms….and who most certainly deserve all of our respect. It’s not about Trump, its about all those who bravely and unselfishly serve and who have served our nation. The Star Spangled Banner is presented to honor all of them.”

I sure as heck agree and will be boycotting. How about you? Share if you do. Spread
    JJRobinson

Re: National Boycott

Post  JJRobinson on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:40 am

Smile
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Some Direct TV customers are reporting that they received refunds or credits for calling & cancelling their NFL Sunday ticket package when they said they were doing so in protest of the disrespect shown against veterans and our flag, worth making the call.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Very Happy
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

I don't need to boycott the NFL. I've been ignoring them for years. They finally got so commercial and separated from their fans that I lost interest completely. I haven't seen anything to make me grow any interest for them since that time.

But it's good to see them flailing. And the actions of some of the coaches and owners would keep me away if this latest is what drove me off in the first place. When they come crawling back it won't be because they learned anything other than they're losing money.

Just like I don't drink. But if I did Anheuser-Busch would have lost me forever over this because they made excuses about continuing support up until they saw it might hurt them. That's when they decided to pretend they cared and opened up a line (that I doubt anybody will even listen to other than to get a few bits to throw in the NFL's face) so people could mouth off about the whole affair. That's fine if people want to do that. But they shouldn't think voicing their opinion is going to make Busch change. They already decided to do that and the voice recordings only be used as ammo for why they're pulling the plug. And probably they'll use it for propaganda to claim they care about customer complaints. You watch. If there is still an NFL and this all blows over, Anheuser-Busch will be back to spending a fortune on advertising.

When I boycott I do it for personal reasons. I don't usually announce it. I don't usually try to get people on board. I just let them know they lost permanently a (usually long-time faithful) customer and let it go at that. If I mention it it's usually when on the subject of the company or boycotts in general, not to drive a cause.

--  Thomas Sowell

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 am