New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Water

Ladyelaine

Water

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Bottled water is still scarce here. I've replenished most all of my emergency food supply but need to get some bottled water for an emergency backup for drinking water. Plastic beverage bottles used to be quite sturdy and could be re-used for storing drinking water several times over. Now plastic bottles are manufactured in such thin condition that some of them develop creases & leak before being used even the first time, doesn't pay to take a chance on refilling them. Shopping yesterday I found one pack of 8 twelve oz. bottles on the shelf at Walmart. Another customer was walking away after having filled his cart with all of the gallon size jugs that had been there.Went back today and there was nothing but an empty shelf. I'll try a couple more stores in the next few days. Still 2 more months left designated as hurricane season.
    JJRobinson

Re: Water

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 am

Smart thinking... Very Happy
    Sunshine16

Re: Water

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 am

Stock up whenever you can to avoid the next rush. Praying things get back to normal soon for you, Lady.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 am