New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Media is annealing voters to Trump

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm

This summer, 91% of the news stories on ABC, CBS and NBC about President Trump were negative, according to a study by the Media Research Council.

His job approval went from 44% on Memorial Day to 44% on Independence Day to 43% on Labor Day, as measured by Rasmussen.

Now if I were an advertiser and saw this, I would question why I am buying ads from these Bozos.

They huffed and puffed and could not blow the man down.

ABC, CBS, and NBC are so weak that combined they could not blow a candle out.

From News Busters:

Since Inauguration Day (January 20), Media Research Center analysts have reviewed every mention of President Trump and top administration officials on ABC’s World News Tonight, the CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News, including weekends. As of August 31, coverage of the administration has totaled nearly 74 hours (4,418 minutes) of airtime, or about 39 percent of all evening news coverage.

For comparison purposes, coverage of the Obama administration in all of 2015 and 2016 totaled 59 hours (3,544 minutes), or roughly 10 percent of the available broadcast airtime. In other words, Trump has already received more coverage in his first 224 days in office than Obama received in his final two years as President.

They wasted all that airtime trying to undermine his presidency, and guess what? They have made him stronger. They have immunized him from scandal.

Just as they did last summer.

Remember the Billy Bush tape?

It would have brought down any other candidate.

But not Donald Trump because by the time the Hillary camp rolled it out, Trump supporters were used to the press blowing things out of proportion when it came to Trump.

You can cry wolf only so many times before people are more angry at you than they are the wolf.

From News Busters:

The networks’ aggression in covering Trump contrasts with their docile, often adoring coverage of President Obama. Both Presidents are, of course, highly controversial — the key difference is that Obama’s policies matched the liberal media’s preferences, while Trump’s agenda clearly clashes with the establishment media’s world view.

On Friday’s Morning Joe, MSNBC analyst Mark Halperin gave the game away when he admitted that Trump “will get good coverage, if he works with Democrats, for as far as the eye can see. It will produce more liberal policies, which a lot of people in the media like.” All Presidents deserve critical news coverage from time to time, but the relentlessly hostile coverage Trump has seen thus far is as much a reflection of the media’s ideological bias as anything else.

I don't think working with Democrats will get the networks to ease up on President Trump.

The realization that it is useless and only alienates the audience will.

I don't know that I'd bet on that.

NFL viewership has started collapsing. ESPN has lost viewers left and right. In both cases it's due to putting politics into areas where it doesn't belong.

Have either of those learned? Nope. ESPN has gotten worse. The NFL hasn't cracked down on anybody. But those who see that it causes trouble for them have tried going the other direction. Not eliminating the political, but trying to push the other side.

Has, sports people. Neither one of those is going to help you. Backing cops and the flag might cause some who stopped watching to start again. But now there's a push from "activists" to get blacks and others to stop watching because not enough support is being given to the anti-American side.

You brought this on. You could have stopped it when it was nascent and didn't. Now I don't know if that's even possible any more.

But my point is, I doubt "news" people are worried about going under. Yet.

NBC got caught lying as far back as Trayvon Martin. It hurt them. Have they stopped lying? Nope.

CNN has been getting killed in the ratings more and more for a year. Have they stopped lying? Nuh uh.

ABC has practically dried up in political talk shows and news. Have they changed anything? Not at all.

The fact is TV "news" has been going downhill for decades, even before it was blatantly obvious they were frauds. They only get worse. They congratulate themselves when they lose millions of viewers and still have higher ratings that the others who also lost millions of viewers. To those guys, they can have 2 viewers and be happy if the others only have 1 each. Well, maybe when it really does get that bad they'll care. But they sure don't right now.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 pm