New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Guy's Tinder Date

sinister_midget
    Admin

Guy's Tinder Date

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Guy's Tinder Date

Another one I cut the headliner to keep the surprise as long as possible.

Here goes.

Everyone knows that dating is the worst. While you may never get those two hours back, we highly doubt that you've ever had a date as strange as the one UK student Liam Smyth and his shall-remain-anonymous Tinder date recently experienced. 

After a nice dinner, the couple went to Smyth's for a nightcap. There, the girl went to the bathroom and returned with "a panicked look in her eye."

Apparently the girl pooped in his toilet and it wouldn't flush. "I don't know why I did this, but I panicked," she told him, according to Smyth's GoFundMe page for the incident. "I reached into the toilet bowl, wrapped it in tissue paper, and threw it out the window."

(Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and say there was no plunger?)

But there was a problem: Smyth's window is actually two windows with a gap in between.

You can guess what that meant: The poop package had fallen into "this twilight zone," as he aptly put it. 

Smyth suggested they smash the window open with a hammer and chisel, but his date had a different idea.

She felt confident that she could pull it out herself. So she climbed in, couldn't reach, went deeper, couldn't reach -- and then she got stuck.

"Stuck fast," he wrote. "Try as we might, we could not remove her from the window. She was stuck fast, upside down in the gap."

At the 15-minute mark, he did the logical thing. He called the fire department, and they removed her with "special firemen hammers and tools."

His date was unharmed, but the firefighters ended up destroying the window in the process, as expected.

Replacing the window for Smyth, who's a postgraduate student, was too much of his budget, so he set up a GoFundMe page (with his date's consent). 

He ended up with over £2,000 out of his original £200 goal, and he plans to donate the remainder to a firefighter-focused charity and a charity that will give and maintain toilets in countries that don't have such access.

--  Thomas Sowell
    JJRobinson

Re: Guy's Tinder Date

Post  JJRobinson on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 am

Laughing

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm