New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Knee Replacement Surgery

Joencalif2

Knee Replacement Surgery

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm

On Tuesday this next week, I am going to the hospital for a complete knee replacement on my right knee. Needless to say, I won't be posting until I get home. I'll be out by Friday although I don't think I'll feel like posting anything for a while. Just didn't want anyone to wonder where I had gotten to.
    Sunshine16

Re: Knee Replacement Surgery

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Take care and follow doctor's orders. :-)
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 pm

I won't surprised if I need that in a few years myself. My right knee gives me problems sometimes, but it's till rare enough not to worry about it.

Before that I will probably have to have my bunions fixed. They're huge. They've always been big. Everybody since I was in my 20s told me don't wear tight shoes. I never have other than accidentally getting them or going through a few days of breakin. The last 10 years I've been wearing ever larger shoes to keep from putting pressure on them (they don't hurt most of the time, but sometimes they do). I'm already up to 14W on what I think is still a size 11/12 foot. And 15 may not be too far off since the bunions are right up against the sides.

Makes me wonder after all this time if maybe the advice I kept getting (that I was already doing anyway) was backward.

I'll get that taken care of down the road and hopefully knees don't get worse before that happens.

--  Thomas Sowell
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Good luck....I see a double in my near future myself...
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

My betta half needs one, but she is laid up right now with a broken neck. Fell down the stairway backwards a few weeks ago,so I gotta take care of her right now.  Good luck with that knee.

Psycho
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am

Wow Psyc....Hope she is better....
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 am

I just hope it mends, if not surgery and nuts and bolts Pfthttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 am

My best to your husband Psycho....I hope he gets better quick. As for me knee, I've been the care giver for my wife and she's had both hers replaced so at least I know what to expect. I'll do as the doc says and get back to playing golf at some point down the line. Not gonna rush it though, gonna take my time and one step at a time. Kneed-less to say, it will be a process.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 pm

May your knee recover well and quickly Joe.
    "
    Psycho - may your betta half's" neck heal well and not require surgery. I know it can do that since I broke mine in a fall and did not have surgery. Since then I have had a limited range of being able to turn my head to the side in either direction and not as far back as I would like. Sometimes it makes a popping noise that sounds awfully loud in my ears. I do have to be careful where I park my car, preferably in a place that I can drive forward. It is a strain to have to rely on four mirrors for a backing up view.
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:13 pm

My wife will have no trouble driving she uses her mirrors always. She drove a extended school buss for many years.
    And Joe I am the husband and if my betta half had had her knee done like you are, she prolly wouldn't have fell down the stairs backwards.

Psycho
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:39 am

Oops....sorry about that...I blame it on the meds.... Very Happy

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 am