New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Let's All Pray

Ladyelaine

Let's All Pray

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 am

The National Weather Service is describing Irma as one of the strongest hurricanes ever in recorded history. Florida residents for the most part are taking the possible threat here seriously and making preparations as best they can. It does not show any signs of veering northward and then going out to sea. Whether this monster strikes Florida or enters the Gulf of Mexico, it is going to cost some lives. I shudder to think of the possibilities, including striking another blow to Texas & Louisiana. Don't let an opportunity to tell someone you love them pass by before it is too late to do so.
    JJRobinson

Re: Let's All Pray

Post  JJRobinson on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:28 am

You are so right Lady...You need to know where you are going and don't be foolish and stay there if it comes your way...The death toll here in Texas from Harvey is now 60....
    Where do you live in Fla.? I have friends that live on the east coast of Florida...I have done warned them, but it is up to them...Yall don't wait to leave and get caught up in the evac...
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:38 am

I pray it veers off, if not stay safe and dry if ya can.

Psycho
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:53 am

I'd hit the road sooner rather than later if it's headed your way. The people who get stuck (and the ones that get gouged and/or run out of important items) are the ones who wait until everybody else is suddenly concerned.

If the chance of hitting was greater than 50% 2-3 days out, I'd take a little trip someplace I've always wanted to see for a few days if it was me. Someplace north and west that's far enough to not worry about more than rain.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:21 pm

JJ - I live in the central section of north Florida, half way between Tallahassee & Jacksonville along the Suwannee River. My sister who lives in central Florida tried this morning to buy batteries, bottled water and some canned goods & crackers but was told at 4 stores to try again tomorrow because they are sold out and trying to get more stock in. Her son works for a grocery chain, says he has never seen the shelves this bare in the almost 30 years he has worked there.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 pm

God Bless all those in Irma's path....
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 am

Lady...You won't have alot of trouble getting out of there then, but don't chance it...Better safe than sorry...Right?
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am

Roads here are already congested but I could get out of here at the present time if I didn't have to keep a medical appointment today, will have to leave an hour earlier than planned in order to get there. Problem is finding a place to go to. Latest news states all hotels/motels are booked solid all the way through the weekend and half of next week all the way to Atlanta, Georgia and Dothan Alabama.
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:33 am

God bless all in Irma's path..I have relatives near the coast in NC and the west coast of FL.   And may even end up here on Tuesday in VA looking like the path Isabel took in 2003. Thank God I have a basement to take cover in as my house backs up to a nature preserve with tall trees.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 pm