New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

And the poll says.....

sinister_midget
    Admin

And the poll says.....

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Suddenly, Antifa does equal Nazis

How high and mighty the pundits and politicians sounded after Charlottesville. How dare President Trump say many sides were responsible?

But now as the violence from the leftist Antifa group escalates and shows what the anti-Trump resistance really is about, my oh my, are they bailing.

Yep. Normalizing violence is no game. 

Gainor to NBC's Chuck Todd on Antifa Violence: 'You Own it' https://t.co/t7Tei4b4W7

— Google "CNN,175,Sue" (@NolteNC) August 29, 2017

Hillary lackey and Democratic Governor Terry McAuliffe of Virginia now says:

“I disavow anyone — we won’t tolerate violence of any kind. You’re entitled to protest. First Amendment certainly protected. As I’ve said after Charlottesville, anyone who came to our state, anyone who committed violence, on any side, will be arrested. […] Everybody’s entitled to do their protest but were not going to accept violence from anybody.”

What happened to the cry of False Equivalence when President Trump said the same thing a couple of weeks ago?

I am guessing the polls show Democrats failed in another attempt to portray President Trump as Hitler.

The equivalence was not false.

What happened to the cry of False Equivalence when President Trump said the same thing a couple of weeks ago?

I am guessing the polls show Democrats failed in another attempt to portray President Trump as Hitler.

The equivalence was not false.

It was dead on the money.

For more than a year, Democratic Party operatives have used the threat of violence and even violence to shut down conservative speakers.

Now out of the blue, Democrats have decided to start condemning this.

Nancy Pelosi felt forced to speak against Antifa, releasing a statement last night:

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts.  The violent actions of people calling themselves Antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted.

“In California, as across all of our great nation, we have deep reverence for the Constitutional right to peaceful dissent and free speech.  Non-violence is fundamental to that right.  Let us use this sad event to reaffirm that we must never fight hate with hate, and to remember the values of peace, openness and justice that represent the best of America.”

Also backpedaling on ignoring Antifa's violent confrontation of Nazis in Charlottesville were many pundits, including Marcos Bretón of the Sacramento Bee. Like many other anti-Trumpers, he thought Charlottesville at last painted President Trump in the corner.

Bretón's August 16 column was "If you agree with Trump that Nazis and protesters are equal, then you are the problem":

Many Trump supporters had no problem when Trump labeled Mexicans as “rapists” during his campaign. Many Trump supporters had no problem when Trump built his political career by falsely claiming that Barack Obama, America’s first black president, was born abroad. Many Trump supporters cheered when Trump asserted that our borders are open, when they are not. They were OK when he objectified women and mocked the disabled.

If you buy all that and believe the false equivalencies, then you support Trump’s most consistent rallying point that he repeated Tuesday: white supremacy.

Deny it all you want, but that’s what he did, that’s what he built his campaign on, and that’s who he is.

Do you support that?

What a brave man standing up to Trump on a state in which Hillary beat him by 30 points.

But once again, the Deplorable Tag failed to stick. Antifa showed its truly violent side. They have become the shock troops of the Democratic Party.

And now, Bretón is force to admit that many sides were responsible.

In his column on Tuesday, he wrote:

Antifa descended on Sacramento last summer and attacked white supremacists at the state Capitol. That event was a fiasco, a black eye for the California Highway Patrol and Sacramento police, who didn’t move to stop the violence quickly enough.

So as not to confuse the issue, let’s be clear: Antifa members and other anti-fascists who caused violence in Sacramento, the Bay Area and elsewhere should be prosecuted and condemned. Some will be prosecuted in Sacramento. Their trial is set for October.

In the meantime, what can anyone say but that this kind of violence is always wrong. The anti-fascists we saw in Sacramento were thugs. By employing violence, they ceded any moral high ground they might have had.

But what horrifies Bretón is not that free speech is dead in California; conservative speakers are banned from college campuses and attacked by thugs when they try to speak elsewhere.

No, what bothers Bretón is that Trump was right:

And apparently, they become useful idiots employed by anyone excusing Trump for failing to firmly call out Nazis or the KKK for the violence of Charlottesville. Trump could have called white supremacists “losers” or a mocked those groups directly as he mocks many others. He could have left no doubts about where he stood morally. But instead, he confused the issue. He used Antifa to a push a partisan argument that extreme rights and lefts are both wrong, when that is not the point.

President Trump did not use Antifa.

Democrats did.

The peaceful transference of power is a hallmark of America.

Sadly, Democrats and pundits have stood against that.

They are embarrassed by Antifa, sure.

But Democrats and their water carriers in the media are unapologetic.

And the public knows this. The public knows that people dressed in black masks are terrorists, even if McAuliffe and the rest deny it.

Let me tell you how strong polling was against ANTIFA communists. (It had to be due to a poll that shows support for them is poison for the liberals or Democrats would still be out cheering them.) It leaned so heavily toward describing them as terrorists that even Paul RINO said they were bad (after saying yesterday they were good, though he disagreed with their tactics). I mean, that's REAL bad! That's so bad that I bet even John McCain and his spouse, Lindsey Graham-McCain, put out a joint statement presenting the new position of the family on the subject.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: And the poll says.....

Post  sinister_midget on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

As I said.....

Nancy Pelosi: The Voters ‘Don’t Want to Hear Us Criticizing the President’

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on Wednesday that American voters elected President Donald Trump and they don’t want to hear Democrats criticizing him, which “disrespects” their decision.

“(The voters) don’t want to hear us criticizing the president,” Pelosi said. “This was a choice; they made a decision.”

“And to criticize the president personally is to disrespect their judgment,” Pelosi said. “So I say to my members, ‘This is about what we’re going to do.’ ”

TRANSLATION: "We took a poll and found out we'll get creamed for criticizing Trump. So we're going to tone it way, way down."

I promise you the same poll showed overwhelming disgust with ANTIFA, BLM and their enablers in the Democrat party.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:11 am